28 | All We Have Is Love

"Let me get this straight. They got to the island, Professor Psycho betrayed them, what a surprise. Damon was kidnapped and so was Jeremy but by different people. They made it to Silas. Katherine the crazy döppelganger showed up, used Jeremy to awaken Silas and stole the cure. Jeremy is dead. Tyler left town because Klaus threatened to kill him. Bonnie's brainwashed and wants to bring supernaturals back to life by sacrificing 12 witches. Elena turned off her humanity because Damon told her to. And she burned down her house with Jeremy in it. Silas is in Mystic Falls. The sacrifice did happen and Bonnie woke up with memory loss. Did I miss anything?" Maya asked.

After everything the person in the warehouse told her, Maya refused to go to the island.

"Nope, that's about everything," Matt answered as he took another bite of his pancakes.

"I'm sorry you had to drive so far. I just, I can't go back just yet."

"It's fine, I honestly need a break too."

"Jeremy is dead. Another one of us is dead. Is it ever going to stop?"

"Honestly? I don't think it will."

"I'm scared to go back."

"I don't blame you."

"I think...I think it's time though. We have to come home at some point."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, only that I'm not going back to my house. I want to give it to you, that's one of the reasons I asked you to come here."

"What?" he asked as though she were insane.

"My parents are dead, Tyler is gone, I can't live there without them. But I'm not going to sell it to some stranger so I'm giving it to you."

"That's crazy."

"No, it's not. And I'm doing it so suck it up and enjoy the free mansion Donovan."

He smiled at her gratefully. "I have to get going."

"Yeah, that's fine. Me too. I have to swing by the hotel but I'll see you at home."

"Sounds good."

"I got your fifty bajillion messages," Maya said entering the house with the babies, "Sorry it took so long, It was a long drive."

"Go away," Klaus muttered.

"Klaus?" Maya questioned, "Where are you?"

She walked farther into the house and found Klaus shirtless on the floor. She placed the two car seats down and walked over.

"What happened to you?"

"I need more time. Stop hounding me!"

"What the hell are you talking about? I'm here because you called me not vice versa."

"Maya. Is it really you?"

Klaus struggled but managed to pull himself onto the piano seat, his back against the piano.

"Prove it to me."

"Okay, I don't know if this is some new way of flirting, but it sucks. I have to go find somewhere to live," Maya said, turning to leave.

"Wait, please," Klaus begged, "Silas. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. There's a, a piece of it stuck inside me."

"Silas?" Maya asked when it clicked, "Oh, right, crazy dude. Uh, why did he attack you?"

"Well, I was in no position to ask questions. Suffice it to say, I'm hurt. So you can understand why I called you."

"You really got to work on making more friends around here."