17 | Can't Blame A Girl For Trying

"So you're pregnant but dead? How does that work?" Tyler whispered as they walked up the steps.

"I don't know, it's complicated."

Carol, Tyler, and Maya enter the house to find two men standing in the foyer.

"Who the hell are you two?" Tyler asked the question that Maya was just thinking.

"Tyler, it's okay. They're here for your protection," Carol explained.

"More deputies?"

Klaus entered the room from the parlor with another man following him. "Not exactly."

"They're hybrids," Tyler said with a sigh.

"I was halfway to Chicago when I heard you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls."

"Nice to know you care."

"I don't. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot."

Maya cleared her throat awkwardly, and points back at the front door she had just came through, "I'm going to go...to the store. Need anything Tyler, Ma? Nope. Good."

Maya quickly ran out before anyone could say anything.

As she began to drive away, someone stood behind the car resulting in her slamming on the breaks. Klaus walked toward the front of the car and got in the passenger seat.

"What are you doing?" Maya asked the hybrid.

"I'm going to the store with you."

"Why?"

"Maybe because there is a hunter on the loose and you are fighting for three now."

"Who told you?"

"Word about a pregnant tribrid spreads fast."

"Hmm, fine you can come," Maya said before pulling out of the driveway.

"It wasn't really up for discussion."

Maya rolled her eyes before driving to the store.

They entered the building and received looks from those who were already there.

"What do you need?" Klaus asked looking around.

"Uh," Maya began quickly coming up with something, "ice cream."

"Ice cream?"

"You know that frozen product?"

"I know what ice cream is, I just don't know why you need it."

"I may not need to eat but these babies like their ice cream."

They made their way to the frozen food aisle when Maya's phone rang. She looked down at the screen and saw it was Meredith, "Can you grab any ice cream that's not chocolate? I'll only be a minute."

She answered the phone, "Are the results back?"

"Yeah, one of the babies is his."

"What about the other one?"

"I don't know whose it is but it's not his."

"That makes no sense, the only person I've slept with other then Liam is..." Maya trailed off when she looked back at Klaus who was concentrating on the selection of ice creams.

"Can I call you back?" Maya said, hanging up before Meredith could say anything else.

Maya made her way back over to Klaus who still hadn't decided on an ice cream.