Friends?

Song: dark horse

~(y/n)'s pov~

My alarm clock goes off waking me up as it always does. Stretching I end up popping my back "okay, that feels better." yawning from the nights sleep, I get up and did my daily school routine. Or as this town would call it, 'skool'.

(b/n) gets ready for school while after I wake him up. Then I head to moms room to wake her up. "(m/n), its time to wake up and get ready for work. Ill make breakfast"

Mom gives a thanks and gets up to get ready for work. My mom would always teach me how to make different foods so just in case she was at work late I can make a good dinner for me and (b/n). I didn't mind it and neither did my brother.

Going to the kitchen I started to make some sausage and waffles for me, my mom, and brother. (b/n) helped by getting plates for all three of us. He set them at the table after I put the food on the plates.

Mom came in smiling as she saw us. She gave (b/n) a kiss on his forehead and did the same to me. I smiled while (b/n) giggled because he was what you call a 'mama's boy' I didn't mind. It just made me smile seeing my two family members happy and smiling.

After breakfast, me and (b/n) left to go to school when I saw Zim leave his house as well. He noticed us and my brother being him, he waved to him. Zim looked confused and walked over to us.

"Who is this human?" Zim pointed at my brother causing me to smack his hand away from my brother. "Ow! What was that for human worm-baby!"

"That was for pointing at my brother, Zim" glaring at Zim now as I held my brothers hand heading to his school. Which was actually next to mine and Zim's school (pretend it is).

"Brother? What is that?" Zim asked curious, him asking that just made me wonder about him more.

'How does he not know what a brother is?' Thinking to myself then answer his question "a brother is someone your related to. As in blood related to"

"Hmm. Interesting. Do all humans have this so called 'brother'?"

"No, some are an only child"

"'Only child'?"

My brother looked up at me and tapped my arm causing me to look at him. "Big sis? Is this boy stupid?"

Zim's face was priceless. His whole face was red from embarrassment and a bit of anger I'm guessing. "Zim is not stupid you small human worm-baby!"

"Don't yell at my brother. Its not his fault you don't know the basics of what a family is" I tell him after I flick his forehead making him groan in pain again. I'm not someone that allows another person to talk rude or bad about my family.

We got to my brothers school so he ran off towards it yelling 'bye, see you after school sis!' A little after my brother left, and the two of us walking to our school Zim decided to speak up.

"Stop hurting me you dirt human!"

"I wouldn't have hurt you if you didn't talk mean about my brother"

During the rest of the walk to school Zim kept telling him about how he is superior and that I should be the one in pain not him. I honestly didn't care how much of an ego he had, im who sticks up for my family and doesn't care what people say about her as long as she protects her family from bullies so others didn't get hurt like she did.

We got to class and took our seats. I started to sketch again. In the corner of my eye I saw Zim with a pencil above his upper lip balancing it. I had to admit that it was adorable. Making my mind up I decided to draw Zim.

(the drawing is him with the pencil like that ^ again not my own drawing)

I flinched when I heard Zim speak to me out of nowhere.

"Why is Zim on your paper?"

"Your not physically there, its called a drawing. Besides, I found the way you hold your pencil funny. I couldn't just let that funny moment go to waste" I tell him as I put my sketch book away since I saw the bell was about to ring.

"Zim is not someone to be laughed at!" Zim busted out and yelled causing the teacher to yell at him to be quiet. He grumbled back in reply and sat down.

"I'm not laughing at you"

"Zim does not understand what dirt human is saying"

"For one, it's not dirt human, it's (y/n). For two, it means I just found what you did funny. Its a good thing not a bad or mean thing" I try to reassure him.

He just looked like he was in deep thought after what I told him. A few minutes after that the bell rang signaling us to go to lunch.

Zim followed after me to lunch. Dip still trying to get me to believe Zim is an alien. I kept telling him I didn't care but Dib wouldn't listen.

That's when it went to far. Dib pulled a water balloon out from behind his back which I was confused on how he brought that out of nowhere just his back. Before I could even ask what he was planning on doing with it, Dib chucked the water balloon at Zim hitting him in the face, Zim barely having any time to react to what was going on.

"Zim!" Was my only reply as I rushed over to him to see if he's okay, only to find him screaming in pain just like yesterday when Dib threw a piece of meat at him. Standing up I walked over to Dib.

"See (y/n), I told you Zim is an alien. No one human gets hurt by water or meat!"

I didn't care what he said, I just shoved Dib to the floor causing everyone to look at us. I hate attention, but no one messes with my family or friends. And yes I think of Zim as a friend.

Dip was shocked. He just stared at me not know what else to do. "stop bullying Zim, Dib" after that I walked over to Zim who was still in pain but not as much as a little while ago. Bringing him over to where the napkins are, I'd grab a few then dry him off and repeat that over and over till he was dry. Except his clothes were somewhat dry at least. "Are you feeling better Zim?"

"Why are you behind nice to Zim, worm-baby?" That was all he asked while giving me yet another confused face.

"Because Zim, he was being a bully, I hate those kind of people, besides isn't that what friends do?"

"You consider the ALL MIGHTY Zim! As friend?" He sounded shocked after his self confidence in himself.

"Course I do. Don't you consider me a friend, Zim?" Asking, hoping that he does. He was one of the few people in my life that was able to make me smile without trying.

Zim looked like he was thinking about what I asked him. He then looked at me and nodded "Zim does consider you as a friend" he was actually smiling. Which surprisingly, made me smile as well.

I dealt with Dib whenever he picked on Zim about being an alien. Once school was over me and Zim picked my brother up then all three of us walked home. Me and (b/n) going to our house and Zim going to his.