Chapter Fourteen

Toby's POV

"What the hell do you mean, martyr?" Spencer yelled, standing up. "What the hell is that? Why do you know about it?"

"I- My friend died because of them," I sighed. "Theresa Pattington. She was in reform school with me."

"And she- She told you about this?" Spencer whispered, glaring.

"No," I sighed. "These people forced me to help them. And Ian was a part of all of it." I put a hand on my head and ran it through my hair. "I'm sorry I kept this from you but I-"

"No," she snapped, slapping me hard in the face. "Just stop. You have been lying to me for- I don't know how long and I don't really fucking care! I'm done, I'm done with all of this!" She sighed in frustration and grabbed her bag, glaring at me as she walked out the door.

Spencer's POV

I didn't know where I was going and I really didn't care. All I knew was that I had to get out of the house. I knew that Toby would try to call and text me at least a million times but right now I really didn't feel like talking to anybody, especially him after he had been lying to me after everything with Alex and before that.

I stopped on the sidewalk in front of Hanna's house and sighed, knowing that Ashley wouldn't be staying there much longer and would be moving to Philadelphia. "Ashley?" I called out, lightly knocking on the door after making my way to her porch. "Are you home?" I knocked again and then realized that the door was slightly ajar. "Ashley?" I called out again, quieter this time. I slowly opened the door, unintentionally letting it creak as it moved. "Hello?"

The house was a mess. The end table next to their couch was knocked over along with the lamp that was atop it. There were pillow feathers all along the floor. A blood stain covered the back right wall and there was a message written in red paint on the wall.

They're watching.

"What the hell?" I whispered, frowning. "Ashley!?!" I quickly ran up the stairs towards the bedrooms and shoved Hanna's door open.