Luna

I'd just been walking home from school when all of a sudden a hand was on my mouth and I was being dragged into the alley. I squealed and tried to wriggle out of the person's grasp, but he was strong. Moments later, I was being slammed against the brick wall and I came face to face with my attacker. I saw a Latin Kings tattoo on his neck and hate in his eyes.

"Don't you dare scream," he warned me and I felt a knife pressed against my neck. I was stunned and wouldn't dare. I don't think any noise would come out even if I wanted it to. "Where's Isabel?"

He finally took his hand off my mouth and I just stared at him in shock. After several moments of silence he pushed the knife against me harder and I yelped involuntarily.

"Where is she?!" he yelled in my face.

"P-Puerto Rico," I told him, my voice shaking.

He let the knife off my neck and glared at me. "Why won't she answer my texts?"

"I-I don't know," I told him honestly. I didn't know who this creep was or what he wanted with my sister. Why did she have to get involved with them again? She had an amazing family who cared for her.

"Did she have her baby?" he asked. I nodded. "Where is it?"

"A family adopted it," I said, my heart still pounding. "She gave him up."

"Ian told her to abort it," he growled. "If we ever find it we'll kill it. Tell your sister she better get back here. She's still got business to take care of."

I don't know where I found my voice, but someone threatening my nephew and sister really got to me. "Don't you go near them!" I screamed.

His knife was on me again, his face inches from me. "Or else what, little girl?" he growled with hate in his voice. "What the hell you gonna do?"

A moment later I felt a punch in my gut, then my side. I didn't really feel any pain, but I knew something horrible had happened. I dropped to the floor and hit my head as he ran. As my butt hit the ground I looked down and saw my shirt was soaked with blood. What had he done? What had he done? I felt myself go blank.

___

I woke up to the sound of beeping and my head pounding. I groaned and Lin and Pippa were at my side immediately. I asked what happened and they said I'd been attacked.

"Do you know what happened?" Uncle Lin asked me.

I crinkled my forehead, remembering the attack. The tattoo. "The Latin Kings. It was the Latin Kings."

Lin and Pippa looked at each other, clearly disturbed. Lin scrubbed a hand over his face. "Alright, sweetheart," he said quietly. "We'll need to tell the police about this. You need to rest, though. Do you need anything for the pain?"

I nodded. "My head hurts bad," I told him.

"You probably have a concussion," he informed me. "They'll have to keep checking your eyes and monitoring you."

I did a quick mental scan of my body. My side and stomach hurt too. I remembered looking down and seeing the red on my clothes. What weren't they telling me?

"What else did he do?" I asked them. They looked at each other again, as if debating whether to tell me the truth or not. "Tell me."

"You were stabbed, sweetheart," Pippa told me after taking my hand again. "Once in the stomach and once in the side. You had to have surgery."

I reached for my blanket and pushed it aside, then started to lift up my hospital gown. There were all sorts of tubes in me going to weird places. I found my abdomen and saw a wound, about one and a half inches, on my left lower tummy. There were stitches. I looked at my side and found something similar.