Pippa

We knew Isabel would be devastated to hear that Luna had been attacked by the Latin Kings.  After Luna had gotten off the phone with her, she said Isabel had blocked all their phone numbers and apparently they'd been trying to contact her.  Since they couldn't find her, they'd gone for Luna.  Sick.

On the positive side, Isabel had the contacts for about a dozen members of the Latin Kings in her phone.  Immediately, she sent Lin and me all the information, which we passed on to the police.  Within hours, the police had assembled a line up of pictures.  For the second time that day, Tammy came in to visit Luna.

I was worried about how Luna was doing mentally.  She seemed incredibly level-headed about it.  When Tammy came back in with a small binder I helped her sit up in her bed.

"You and your sister are making this investigation go very smoothly," she told Luna.  "Sharing the names and phone numbers are really going to make a big difference.  Most of them have already been arrested in the past, so we have their mugshots on file.  Are you ready to take a look?"

Luna looked at me and I gave her an encouraging nod.  She nodded at Tammy and she opened up the binder.  There was a page full of mugshots, which she set on Luna's lap.  Luna took a quick sweep of the page and immediately pointed to one man.

"Him," she said confidently, resting her pointer finger on a man in the bottom left corner.  "That's him."

Tammy and I shared a glance.  "You're sure?" Tammy asked her.

Luna nodded and passed the binder back to her.  "I'm sure."

Tammy accepted the binder and scribbled down something in her notepad.  "Thank you, Luna," she said.  "You seemed very sure about that.  Do you think you'd be able to pick him out of a lineup at the station as well?"

She looked a little weary of this, so I took her hand.  "We'd be in another room where he couldn't see us.  Lin and I would be there with you."

Luna swallowed then looked up at Tammy.  "Yes.  I can do it."

Tammy thanked us and then left so Luna could get her rest.  Lin had been sitting in a chair in the corner and walked over to Luna's bed.  "You're being so brave, Luna," he complimented her. "I'm so proud of you."

Luna gave a sheepish smile as the nurse came in to check her vitals.  She was recovering well and had no sign of infection at the site of her wounds.  We were all nervous about Isabel coming home.  If the Latin Kings were looking for her, we were afraid she'd be in danger. Lin had been on the phone with police throughout the day to make sure she'd be getting protection while she was here.

A few minutes later, Isabel burst through the door.

"Isabel!" Luna immediately perked up more, holding out her arms.  Isabel rushed to her and they hugged for a long while.  When they pulled back, Luna had a huge smile on her face.  Isabel looked worried and somewhat guilty.

"I'm so sorry, Luna," she said as Lin brought a chair over for her to sit.  Lin gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and Isabel sat down, holding her sister's hand.  "This is all my fault."

"It's okay," Luna told her, not taking her eyes off her sister.  "I just showed Tammy who it was."

"Tammy?" Isabel questioned.

"The police officer," I clarified.  "Luna picked him out of a photo lineup.  Almost instantly, I might add."

"Show me," Isabel said, pulling out her phone.  She had some photos of the Latin Kings saved, and she passed it to her sister.  After a couple scrolls, Luna had found him again.