4) I'm not a dog, it's not pot!

"It's actually really weird," Matt scrunches up his face and sets down the drink onto the bar table, rocking back a bit on the stool. "Strong," he notes at the scotch. He turns back to me, slightly intoxicated, the bar music blaring Metallica loudly, "having five bodyguards surrounding you at all times whenever you go someplace a regular person would go."

I raise my eyebrows, then nod. "I guess," I say, feeling the eyes of the bodyguards behind us watching us right now. There was a huge hype when we walked inta the bar thirty minutes ago, but now there's only a few occasional pictures and questions asked. Colin says it's a good thing, this many people here. Alex is supposed to be by my side everywhere, so he's on the stool to my left, even though he hasn't said a word to me even after the concert. 

Which they sounded amazing by the way. I couldn't share my excitement with anybody though, so I only had my own thoughts to scream at. 

"Anybody up for a li'l beer pong?" Matt asks, swaying as he stands up. 

Alex, who downed his drinks and suprisingly looks sober still, stands up too. "We betta be headin' out, Matt."

I can really feel the restraint he has not to look at me. Matt must've seen something in his eyes so he agrees and we walk out of the bar with the bodyguards surrounding us. 

Jamie was doing a few dance moves in the limo as when head back to the hotel. I suppressed my laugh because alex's tension was overwhelming. 

* * *

12:01, the alarm clock read. I throw myself onto the bed sheets when we unlock the door. There's only two king beds. "How are we all sleeping?" I ask, concerned. 

"It's usually Nick and I on one and Jamie and Matt on the other, seperate sides." Alex speaks up, finally. "You can sleep on the floor."

"Like a dog?" I stand up. Those had to be the first words he's said to me in the last two days. And it had to be those words?

Alex doesn't look to me, but takes off his jacket and hangs it up in the closet. "Woof."

"Al, not cool," Nick says. 

"Come on," Matt chimes in. "Apologize."

Alex turns back to me, and looks at me dead in the eye. He tosses the room key on the ground. "Fetch," he enunciates, particularly slow. 

Matt shoves Alex back when I stomp over to him. His jaw is clenches. "What did I do WRONG?" I raise my voice. "Sure, I was rude to you before, sorry. Sorry for getting us into this mess, but can't you at least ACT like you don't hate me?"

Alex acts like I'm not here and walks away, still calm. "I don't hate you, Leah."

That does something funny to me, I suppress it down into the pit of my stomach. "Sure." I turn to Matt. "Do you have a cot or somethin' I can lay on the night for?"

"Um, nah. It's alright. You can have the bed to yourself. I'll sleep on the ground, I guess," he mumbles. 

"That's too kind," I say. More like, I think, unimaginable. I kind of ruined their lives, and I'm responsible until this shit gets sorted out. The least I can do is sleep on the ground, and despite what Alex said, not because I'm a dog. 

As I'm getting a few sheets to make beside the window, to sleep so I can see into the stars, I think how sad it is. I'm right beside my idols and I want to tell them how much they mean to me, but one hates me, and the other three are just going through the motions. And now I'm enduring weeks of this just so that the media can get rid of me soon. 

What a weird world. 

"Anybody up for a li'l beer pong now?" Matt asks. 

I set down a pillow on the ground, then look back. I shrug. "Why not?" 

Matt grins. "Well look a' that, at least she knows how to have a li'l fun."

I smile. 

Five minutes later, after a quick trip down to the lobby to grab a few plastic glasses and grab the case of beer that this hotel somehow has as small gift for our stay, it's set up. Matt even gets Al to join in. 

Alex was horrible; he drank the most, and he stumbled around a bit. He even looked at me a few times, which was a start. But he was drunk. 

Nick ended up winning. He held the alcohol down better. Jamie drank alot, and was fiddling about giggling. It wasn't just the lighting. He looked like a tomato. But a cute tomato. Matt was so close to beating Nick. I held up my own okay, but I've had so much to drink today that I wasn't my best. 

I was feeling a but fuzzy until I heard Jamie start up a conversation with Alex. 

"You think she's had a little to much ta drink?" Jamie says. 

"Yeah," Alex says, drinking the last of the beer in his cup. "I'm going out for a smoke."

Two seconds later I see Nick starting up a poker game with Jamie and Matt. I decide to go outside to talk to Alex. My head feels dizzy. Kind of nauseous, but the air outside is nice and cool. 

I lean against the rail beside him and he looks at me a bit oddly. 

"You know, those are bad for your lungs."

Al takes another drag and blows it out into the air. "You wanna try?" He asks. 

"Um, no thanks." My eyes focus in and out. 

"You scared?"

"Um, yeah." I look at the thing between his teeth, and his jaw shifts when I look. "Alcohol don't mix with drugs."

"It's just a cigarette," Alex furrows his eyebrows. "This isn't pot."

I shake my head. "That's what the all say."

Alex chuckles. A moment of silence. 

"Speaking of, we've had too much to drink." I reach over drunkily and take his cigarette and toss it down onto the balcony below. He's tainted of smoke. "Take a shower why don't you."

"What the hell," he says, looking over the balcony, only to see the cigarette burnt out on the grass below. It's very dark outside, but with a bright quarter moon shining down. "Why'd you do that?"

"Honestly, you'd die," I say, over confidently, taking a step closer to him. My head is pounding. 

"I'd.....die," he says flatly, sarcastically. "I think you're too honest."

I take a deep breath in. "That's me. You wanna join the poker game Hamburger Helders, cookie and Saint nick there are playing?"

Alex laughs. I shift between feet, not liking that it makes me smile as well. "Nice nicknames," he comments. 

I shrug, and go back inside. I sit down on the bed where the rest are playing the game, and ask to join. Alex stays outside. It's warm again as I get inside, and definitely quieter. I'm filled with a bit of adrenaline and the fear of a hangover tomorrow. Once I'm dealt, I ask why Alex's acting so weird. 

Nick answers. "Probably the thing with Arielle, getting him back into the media's attention on relationships. Wondering how it's making her feel, finding somebody new right after they--"

Jamie pretends slitting his throat to say "Split up." The representation is amusing. I smile a bit. 

"Broke up," nick finishes. "And you're kind of the only person in years, other than critics, to say something like that to him, and yeah. Nothing personal against you, probably--"

Nick shuts up suddenly as the door to the balcony opens. "So we should probably go to sleep now, eh?"

"Sounds good to me," Matt stands up. 

Sleep, yeah. 

I could use some of that.