26) Popcorn Games and Halloween Charades

"There you go," Miranda says with a bore, finishing Al's makeup. 

He's Alice Cooper. 

Miranda didn't do the best job on this one, but it hardly looks like Al. I laugh a bit when she leaves the room, and Alex shoots me a glare. "Don't even make a comment, Leah."

I laugh, and raise my hands. "Okay, vampire drag queen."

Alex squints his eyes at me. Matt comes into the room, wearing thick eyeliner, a red blazer, a bowtie and a top hat. "Who the hell are you, Matt?" Alex laughs. 

"Brendon Urie," Matt scoffs. Nick walks in and leaves the door open. "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?" I bite my lip, supressing a laugh. Nick is wearing the Scream mask, but his hair shows through at the ends.

Jamie walks in, completely unamused. "Merry fookin' 'alloween, guys." He's in a bunny costume and I burst into laughter, falling off my chair. 

We're in hysterics. "What's up with the bunny costume?" Matt flicks the bunny ears on his costume and Nick boops Jamie's nose. Jamie swats the hands away. 

"ALEX dared me to if I lost his bet." Jamie huffs and sits on a chair but even though he's mad, it makes it funnier. 

"What bet and why would you take it?" Nick laughs. 

Jamie crosses his arms and wrinkles his nose, which has sharpie over it. "Forget about it. Let's just hand out the candy already."

"Aw, Mr. Bunny woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Matt teases. 

"You're no better, you look like a panda at the circus," Jamie sasses. 

"Aw, cheer up, 'ave a lil fun."

* * *

"So what do I do, just let the kids say 'trick or treat,' or whatever," Alex drawls, "and give them candy?"

"Yeah." I smile. "This is so exciting, this is the first time you've handed out candy. It's a halloween miracle."

Alex chuckles. "You never fail to amuse me." 

I blush. We were throwing a party in one of the rental places in the small town, and had decorated it with a few pumpkins by the front door to let people know we were handing out candy. Nobody will know it's the Arctic Monkeys handing out the candy tonight. 

The doorbell rings two minutes later. Alex looks at me a bit scared. "Go on," I whisper, pushing him towards the door. 

"Trick or treat," two little kids scream at the same time. Both are in ghost costumes. 

"Hey! Happy 'alloween," Alex smiles, and reaches into the bucket of candy we have to pass some to the kids. 

One of the kids screams and runs off and Alex looks at me with the cutest fear stricken on his face. I can't help but to laugh, how much joy it brings me. I look to the kid that screamed. "It's just a costume, kid. Don't worry."

Alex bit his lip as he carefully put the candy in the kids' bags like he was avoiding setting off a bomb. I guided his hand a bit to speed the process up and then the kids ran off, easy as pie. 

I closed the door. Alex scratched the back of his neck. "That didn't go as planned."

I laugh again. "No, it didn't."

"Did you scare the kids, Al?" Matt mocked. He playfully punched Alex's shoulder. 

"You know what, Matt," Alex responds in mock, throwing a piece of candy at Matt.