21) Slipping into something more comfortable?

After yesterday, Colin announced that the show went great. But Alex left. He answered his phone, so he didn't leave, exactly, but said he was busy doing something else, and wouldn't tell me what. I saw Matt answer the phone, and he smiled and rolled his eyes, probably hearing what Alex had planned. 

Again, more comments on my Instagram. It makes me naucious. I don't even know why I have it.

I had the day to spend with Breana and Katie, day two of their shopping trip. Jamie and Nick and Matt were going to see a movie at the mall. We had the day off today. I really wanted to know what Alex was doing. 

I met Brea and Katie at the food court. "Hey!" Breana exclaims, seeing me. She waves. Katie smiles timidly. They've got fries and milkshakes, even getting one for me. I thank them. 

"How are you?" Brea asks. 

I smile. "Actually, doing fine." 

"Better than fine, aren't you?" Breana says suggestively, laughing. 

"What do you mean?" I shift in my food court chair. It's loud and busy in here. 

"Don't play dumb. We're girls. We know you're not acting anymore. We can see it in your eyes when you look at Turner," she rolls her eyes. 

Katie chimes in. "You're in love, aren't you?"

"Guys!" I shush them. "Not the time."

"Oh come on," Breana says, taking a fry, waving it in front of my face. "Nobody's listening."

I laugh nervously, looking around. "Still!" I look back at them. "How did you even know about acting in the first place?"

"Jamie can't keep a secret," Katie shakes her head. "God knows I love him, but he definitely cannot keep a secret."

"Keep it down. I'm serious." I say. 

Breana sighs loudly, standing up. She finishes he rest of her milkshake and tosses it in the trash. "Sure. Whatever you say, Ms. Cranky Pants."

* * *

"Does this look good on me?" Katie smiles, twirling in the mirror. She has on a yellow dress, with a draped back. 

"Oh Kates, it looks amazing!" Breana giggles excitedly. "You have to get it." 

She checks the price tag. "I don't know... it's a hundred dollars."

"It's an investment," Breana drags. "Now get it, you'll need it one day."

Katie sighs and Breana shooes her back into the changing room. Brea looks at me. "Now you have to try on that dress."

"I'm not really a dress girl, per se..." I cough awkwardly. 

Breana glares.

"Fine, fine! I will." I head into the room. The dress is black, with small sleeves, sweetheart neckline, flaring at the waist. It goes a little above my knees. I rock on my heels. It's forty dollars. A bit girly for my taste. I show Breana but she's estastic for it. Why not, I decide. I change out of it and buy it. 

* * *

While we're heading through the mall, Breana nods over to a lingerie store. "Leah, you might need something one day," Breana says. 

I blush furiously, laughing. "Brea! I'm fine with what I have."

Breana gives me a look of disbelief and moves my shirt so she can see my bra strap. It's beige. "Leah, that's granny wear. It's tacky."

I sigh. Is it really? I've been wearing that colour for most of my life. "Fine."

Breana beams. "Good."

* * *

At the end of the day, Colin calls me to let me know what room number I will be in with Alex. I completley forgot. I forgot. He says Alex has the room keys and he's already there. It's eight o clock, and the press will be there at nine. My hands are very shaky. 

I make my way to the hotel, the other girls saying bye to me to go to their own rooms. I walk up to the hallway slowly, checking each room number until I find, hey look, 312. I take a deep breath and straighten out my clothes and hair. 

Alex opens the door, as expected. He leans against it, in pajamas. His pants sag on his waist, so I see his hipbones. He might've caught me staring, just a little bit. 

I walk inside. "So," I say, tossing the bags from shopping on the chair. 

He closes the door behind me. "How was your day with Breana and Katie?"

"Good, yeah," I say, sitting on the bed. "Brea sure is a talker, isn't she?"

Alex grins. "I suppose." He looks over to the bag and grabs it. "What did you get?" He smirks. 

My eyes widen. "N-Alex, don't." I stand up and reach for it but he squints his eyes and holds it above him. I can't reach it. I can barely touch it on my tiptoes, but I can't grab it. I put a hand on my hip. "Seriously."

"Ah, come on. Now I have to know." He turns around from me and empties it onto the other bed. 

I'm mortified. 

He picks up one of the lace bras on his finger, and raises an eyebrow suggestively. 

I'm pretty sure I'm red as a tomato. Oh my God. Is this happening. I try to snatch it from his hands but Alex just chuckles. "I'm pretty sure we were supposed to keep this a, I don't know, PG session." 

"Give it back!" I say, hardly containing my embarassment. "Brea made me get it," I mumble. 

"Brea made you get it," he says flatly, giving it back to me. I pack everything into the bag again and toss it far away from Alex. He drops the subject, clearly seeing how mortified I actually am. 

Alex is smirking. Godammit. He jumps onto the bed. 

"So where have you been all day?" I ask, changing the subject. 

Alex crosses his arms. "I'll tell you later."

What's happening later? It makes me more nervous and excited. "I'll be right back, I'm going to change."

"Into something more comfortable?" Alex mocks. 

I flip him off. "Pyjamas, like you," I call, shutting the washroom door harder than I meant to. I hear Alex chuckling to himself from the other side of the door.

Once I'm done, into fleece bottoms I had gotten today and a navy tank, I hop onto the other side of the bed beside him. 

This will be a long night.