24) Jealousy and cleaning supplies (pt. 2)

"Alex, what the hell are you doing in the girls' washroom?" I ask, continuing to dry off my shirt. 

He saunters up to me, and changes the subject. "Why did you not want to tell me?" He asks. 

"Not want to tell you what, exactly?" I say. He turns me around. 

"About the hate that you were getting," he says softly, gently.

I shrug. I open my mouth and close it. It's alarming how nobody noticed him just come into the girls' room. I'm glad that there's nobody here then, but at the same time... we're alone in the washroom. It's so quiet. 

"You can trust me, Leah."

I tilt my head a bit. "I can. Doesn't mean I want to burden you with all of my irrelevant little problems."

"Maybe I want to hear your irrrelevant problems. Maybe I can fix them," he says under his breath. 

Suddenly the room seems too tight. I take a step back, and he takes a step forward. "I--" I begin. "Maybe you can't fix them. Maybe I don't even care that much."

"But I have to try..."

"No, you don't!" I say a bit louder than I should. "I'm not a child. I can deal with things myself."

"You're right," Alex says, taking a step even closer. "You're not a child. But even a woman strong as yourself needs support."

I sigh loudly. "I hate that that makes sense. But those comments mean nothing to me. Maybe I don't need support if there's nothing breaking me down."

"Maybe there is," Alex presses against the wall. "And you just can't feel it. It's there."

I shake my head. "Your metaphorical lingo is confusing and it's just simply not a big deal."

"Lingo?" He smirks. 

"Yes, I said that word. And what about you?" I tilt my head again. Alex is very close, our chests almost touching. "I heard you avoid the question about Arielle."

Alex takes a second, then something flashes through his eyes. He puts a hand on the wall beside my face. "Oh, so now you're jealous?" 

I scoff. "Please."

"Why would you bring up my ex then?" He smirks. I suddenly can't think of words, or what to say back. 

"Because...." I shake my head. "Maybe you're hiding something, like you thought I was."

"Maybe I am," he taunts. 

I squint my eyes at him. "Then you'd be an asshole."

Alex tilts his head once. "Touché. But what does it matter? We haven't officially decided if we really are going out, Leah. Falsely, yes, but in reality?"

His nose is so close to touching mine. Realization courses through my veins. I guess we haven't. I swallow loudly. 

"If I'm taken, I can't go back to her," Alex leans in beside my ear, and my breath hitches. My heart pounds. Something angers me. Not at him, but something that makes my feet cold. It's jealousy. My mouth goes a bit dry. "Am I bothering you?"

"Yes," I say, unable to say more. 

"Is this bothering you?" He takes his other hand and twists a strand of my hair. 

"No."

"Then what is?" Alex says roughly. 

"You just said," I counter. 

"You didn't say it, though." His breath tingles the side of my neck. Slow breaths. "I want to hear you say it."

"You already know."

"Say it," he growls. He stops twisting my hair. 

"Arielle," I mumble. 

"I didn't hear you," Alex taunts. 

"Arielle is bothering me! Okay, fine! I'm a bit jealous."

Alex's forehead meets mine. "So what are you going to do about it?" His lips are on mine. 

I don't respond, unable to think. 

"I want to hear you beg to be my girlfriend," Alex whispers, pressing up against me. 

"I'm not going to beg."

Alex smirks against my mouth, a huge turn on. "Then I'm not taken."

I'm suddenly frusturated, Alex so close to me, but not doing anything. His breath is on mine and I feel his soft lips, but I'm trapped. "Can you please be my boyfriend?" I say sarcastically. 

"Not good enough," Alex growls.

I exhale slowly, annoyed. 

"Be my boyfriend," I mumble. My cheeks are probably red. 

Alex shakes his head, getting closer to me, which I didn't even know was possible. 

"Please be my boyfriend." Nothing. "Come on Al, please."

"Nah," he says so egotistically. I'm practically fuming. All we've been through, and he says 'nah'? 

"Please be my boyrfriend," I whisper. I take a deep breath. 

"Maybe I'll just go back to Arielle," Alex taunts. 

Something is at the back of my throat, probably bile. Hearing him say her name breaks something inside of me. "Don't! Come on Alex, please. Please. Don't."

"Not so convincing," Alex chuckles. 

I kiss his cheek. "Please." Then his neck. "Please?" Then his chest, feeling underneath the hem of his shirt. "Don't leave," I say, my voice cracking a bit.

"You're going to be better at begging soon," he whispers suggestively. 

My cheeks must be beet red, because Alex chuckles, then slams his lips into mine. I taste the alcohol on his breath; not an overwhelming, sickening taste, but a light and sweet one. Then he kisses down, on my chin, down my neck, planting sloppy kisses on my collarbone. 

Then he goes on his knees and lifts up my shirt just to expose my stomach. 

I inhale sharply. 

He kisses around my ribs, on my hips. I hold my breath, leaning my head back into the wall, and close my eyes. I feel his teeth drag a bit, on the waistband of my jeans. His hands lie on my thighs. "Beg for me more."

"Be mine, Alex," I say, not controlling what words come out of my lips. I exhale slowly, heart pounding, blood rushing. "I wanna be yours. Please, please, please..." 

Alex stops kissing, and looks at me. "Alright," he smirks. 

"I want you, Leah." He stands up and bites my lip.

Just then the same woman that gave us our table walks in, with a janitor's cart filled with cleaning supplies. She stands there awkwardly. 

Alex looks back and laughs. He turns around and walks out. When he opens the door, he ruffles the woman's hair humorously. "You didn't see anything."

Then he winks at me and the woman and I are left standing there with nothing to say.