22) Your analogies are endearing

"So what do you, Mr. Alex Turner, have planned for tonight?" I ask, raising my chin. 

He licks his lower lip without realizing and turns on the television. "First, I rented a horror movie. Classic, I might add. I watched it when it came out when I was thirteen. The Blair Witch Project."

I raise an eyebrow. "Horror? Well, alright I guess."

"It's the stereotypical girl-gets-scared, needs-boy's-protection kind of movie, don't you think?" He taunts, leaning back into the pillows on the bed's headrest. 

"I will not be scared. If anything, you'll be biting your nails the entire time," I say. 

"Sure, Leah. Oh, and I also brought hot chocolate. You like that right?" 

I smile. "Of course. Food is practically my religion."

Alex laughs. I love that I can make that sound out of him; I want to hear it every second of the day. 

"Now tell me, what were you doing all day today?" I ask, laying beside Alex. He sits up the moment I lay down, and runs over to the edge of the bed, where is his guitar lays, then sits back on the bed, in front of me. 

He turns off the television again, and the whole room is quiet. I get goosebumps. He sets the guitar in his lap and holds it so comfortably, so naturally. 

He begins to strum and sing. 

Now, what I come to realize, is that the song is one he's never sung before. No, it's new. And it's beautiful, and he wrote it for me. He wrote it for me. The lyrics are overwhelming, and his fingers strum with ease. He focuses on the guitar, and I focus on him. Something about it being eight at night and us in our pyjamas and him on the guitar gives me an unfamiliar happiness. 

I'm almost crying. Tears form at the edge of my eyes. I pull my hair behind my ears. He finishes it off with a slow strum, giving me more goosebumps, and looks up at me in the dim lighting. He's making my heart beat now quickly, differently the way it had before when he was kissing me in the other hotel. It's a soft feeling. Not of passion or lust, but beauty. Does that make sense, calling a man beautiful? Because that's the way I see him now. 

"Alex..." I say, at loss for words. 

He smirks, but it's timid and bashful. "Now the lyrics were rushed, but I don't know, I just found so much to write when I think of you--" He stops himself. "It proabably sounds like rubbish, huh?"

I furrow my eyebrows, then put my arms around his neck. "Alex," I whisper softly, shaking my head. "That's the least like rubbish thing I've ever heard, and I know garbage when I see it."

"Your analogies are endearing," Alex whispers back, sarcastically. I push him back, laughing. 

"Seriously. I can't believe you wrote that for me," I say. 

Alex bites his lip. He stands up and goes over to the counter where he makes the hot chocolate. 

"Do you have the lyrics written down somewhere?" I ask. 

Alex nods, grinning. "I'll give them to you before we leave."

Soon the hot chocolate is ready and he hands me a mug. I thank him and he sits very close to me. Very, very, close to me. I smell the familiar musk on him, warmth radiating. We get underneath the covers and boldly, I lean against him. He's stiff when I lean my head against his shoulder at first, and I feel his heart is pounding, but it slows down after a while. I touch his feet underneath the blankets.

He turns on the movie. "Wait," he says, reaching over to the side of the table, underneath where the mini fridge, to reveal whip cream. Oh my God. He had gotten whip cream. 

He asks me if I want some, and I must've sounded too excited because he laughed at my answer. I embarassingly asked for more after, until it was practically a mountain. Alex raised an eyebrow but I blushed and repeated to him again how much I like food. Then sprayed his own, and we drank in silence. 

It was so warm, he was so warm. I couldn't have been more relaxed if I tried. Once we got to the part of the movie where they found that they were back at the same log again, having been lost in the forest, Alex leans his head against mine and I look up at him subtly. I laugh and he looks at me oddly. 

He had whip cream on his nose. I'm grinning as I wipe off the whip cream onto my finger and lick it. It tastes delicious. I had drank my hot chocolate all too fast. I think I see Alex blush in the dark a bit, supressing a laugh. It was so cute. 

I do admit, I did get scared by the time the main girl was filming alone in the dark and when they discovered the old house. I think, so did Alex. At the end of the movie we had to turn on the lights. 

So we played a bit of cards. I won each time. Then played a bit of truth or dare, small dares and truths that didn't offend or get sexual. Then, what I think made me happiest was that we both had the realization that there were two beds, but at the end of the night, we both got tucked underneath the same  one naturally. And we just went to sleep.

I laughed alot. Well, more than alot. I laughed more than I had in years, with him.