18) It's adorable when she's flustered

Alex's POV

She passed out in the car. Leah was in the middle of her sentence, something incoherent, and flopped on her seat. I drove to a different hotel. I had enough money on me. 

When I pulled into parking, I quickly got out and got us a room, hoping nobody noticed me, but the motel was practically abandoned; it was not an issue. I came back, and she was still sleeping. 

I didn't want to wake her up. 

I picked her up in my arms, one underneath her knees and the other under her arms, holding her head on my shoulder. It gave me goosebumps to have her this close to me, so innocent, so quiet. I liked to heat the softness of her breath and how her hair fell down, swaying. I carried her all the way to our room. I would have stayed in our own hotel, but I didn't want the rest of the band and their girlfriends to wake her up. She was so peaceful, and I had a feeling she was going to get a major hangover. 

It was hard opening the door but I managed, and layed her down on the bed, propped on a pillow. 

After, I sat down on a chair, and watched as she snored softly. I pulled her hair behind her face when she turned on her side. I drank some beer while I waited, but not enough to have any effect on me. An hour later I ended up laid down on the other bed, and another I found myself running my fingers through her hair. 

I kept thinking about what she said on the interview. About me. It makes my heart race, thinking about her, and the feeling that she feels the opposite way, instead of hating me. She's driving me mad, everything about her, and the wait feels like an eternity for her to wake. I watch her for awhile, mesmorized.

She was so beautiful. 

It was nearly four o clock when she woke up. I was sitting on the bed beside her. "Leah?" I mumble. 

She rubs the corner of her eye and slowly wakes. "Alex?" She puts a hand to her head and groans, sitting up. She looks around the room. "Where are we?"

"You passed out, and I didn't want the rest of the band to wake you. I rented the hotel so you could sleep."

Her mouth opens, then closes. "Thank you." She shakes her head. "Do you have water or asprin? I have a huge headache."

In fact, I had already planned this situation. I nodded off to the table beside her. She smiles and swallows the pill graciously. 

After Leah looks at me, and she blushes furiously. I smirk. "What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, nothing. Um. Nothing. Not anything--" She runs a hand through her hair, and my breath hitches. "Um, I actually don't remember much of what happened. I had too much to drink..." She trails off. 

"Ah," I say, standing up and having another sip of my beer. "You don't remember," I click my tongue on the roof of my mouth. 

Leah bites her lip. I find it absolutely adorable when she does that. "Not even the part where you called me a god?" I raise my eyebrows, taunting her. "Or...I don't know," I linger, "hot?"

Leah blushes and stands up. I smirk. She's flustered, rubbing her hand on the back of her neck. "Oh."

I step closer to her so that I'm looking in front of her. "You're pretty adorable when you're drunk," I say, taking another sip out of the bottle. 

She laughs a bit, then goes pale. "I was drunk on national television," she whispers to herself. We both sit down on the bed beside each other. I can see the worry in her eyes, but she has nothing to worry about. Surprisingly, she's a better actress drunk than sober. I find that amusing. 

Then she looks at up at me. "How did I get in here? What time is it now?"

I set down the beer. "It's just after four," I say. "And I carried you."

She furrows her eyebrows. "You waited for me to wake up for four hours?"

I lean over by her ear. "It was worth it, Leah." She goes a bit still, and I brush the hair away from her neck, parting it on the other shoulder. She goes quiet, and I feel my knee brush hers. Goddammit Alex, calm down. I can't help myself. 

I brush my lips along the side of her neck, taking my time. Her breaths are a bit shorter. Her skin is so soft. Her shoulders slowly lift up and down, and I wonder if this has the same effect on her as it has to me. I kiss the nape of her neck. Slow down, I remind myself. I don't even know if Leah wants me to do this, or if it makes her uncomfortable. But it feels right. So, so very right. I brush my lips behind her ear.

"Alex," she whispers. I bring my head up so our foreheads touch. 

"Yes, love..." 

"Are you saying we have the whole room to ourselves for the night?"

She knocks the breath out of me. I feel her breath by my lips, and I look at her, her green eyes. "I guess so," I say, my voice a notch lower than I planned. 

- - - - -

A/N: I just want to thank you all so much. I love the positive comments you all give me and I hit 2k reads :D haha! You're all so amazing :D