17) Ally and the gang and the tipsy interview

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I lean over the bar counter and ask for another shot. I pick up the phone. It buzzes in my hand and it feels weird so I giggle. "Hellllloooo?"

"Leah," Colin says frusturated. "You said it was only going to be a quick drink. You know, to ease your nerves. Hurry up or we're going to be late!"

"True," I say, "but my nerves aren't eased," I sing. 

"We're sending Alex to stay behind and pick you up. The rest of us will be at the studio. And you better not be drunk, Leah."

"I'm not!" I contradict. The bartender slides another shot to me. I smile widely at them in return and toss another five dollars at them. "See ya sooooooon." I hang up. 

Sippety-sip sip.

Five minutes later a handsome fellow with a scuffed leather jacket and quiffed hair walks my way. "Sup," I wave at him. It's Alex. "Ally my boy, how you doin?" I say in a boston accent. 

Alex curses under his breath. He looks at me. "Leah, we gotta leave for the interview. Colin's pissed."

"Eh," I shrug, twisting in the bar stool. It spins. "He's always in a pissy mood. Have a drink with me!"

Alex sighs and helps me out of the bar. "You'll never take me alive!" I say, giggling violently. We leave and go outside, and find his car. I step into the passenger side and close the door. "Where are we going?" I say innocently to Alex. 

He starts up the car and backs out. He shakes his head. "To the interview, Leah. Be as sober as you can.  Or at least act like it."

Alex drives away and we get going. "Somebody's in a pissy mood too," I sing. "But I ain't naming names."

He doesn't look at me, but grips the steering wheel tighter. "Only because you can't mess this up. If you say something while you're drunk or let somebody find out you are... Then it would hurt you. That can't happen."

"Oh Ally. I love it when you talk consequences to me." I grin. 

Alex suppresses laughter and exhales slowly. "Leah. Be serious. And don't call me Ally."

"Okay, okay!" I say frazzled. "I am serious, Ally. I'm so serious you can call me overdue taxes."

* * *

Marty, the television interviewer with the slicked blonde hair and the navy suit and circle glasses sits down. We both have our own chair to sit on, red velvet. So soft. He shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you, by the way. Sorry we didn't really have the chance to talk before this. The show starts in thirty seconds."

He sits up tall in his chair and we wait until a large sound from the studio buzzes. That means the show starts. "And we're live, with me, Marty Kent on the Morning Show! We have a busy show today, folks. I'm here with America's sassy sensation Leah Greene!" A pause. Presumably for the fake clapping they add in later. 

"Helloo Marty." I shift in my seat and smile. 

"Why, hello Leah! Now how are you this fine morning?"

"Keeping on keeping on," I say cooly, leaning back in my chair. It's a bit oversized for me. "But these chairs are the softest thing I've ever felt." 

Marty laughs. "They are quite the commodity. Now, Leah, let's get to the good stuff. What happened the day that you first met lead singer, frontman of the Arctic Monkeys, Alex Turner?"

I chuckle. "Oh, Marty. Alot of things."

Marty laughs again. "Care to explain?"

"Why not!" I smile. "Oh, so I was minding my own business, going to California with my BFF right and the hotel mixed up my room key!' I laugh. Brings up memories. "They--they gave me the Arctic Monkeys' room key! And then Alex got a little worried and I was accused of being a stalker."

"Are you a stalker?" Marty inquires. 

"Heck to the no." This is a family show. "Thats when we went to deal with this mixup but on our way down we got stuckety-stuck in the elevator. And I'm claustrophobic."

Marty is grinning. "Isn't she a riot," he chuckles. I'm doing somehting right. 

"But I got kinda angry, right, and you saw the rest." 

Marty grins. "Oh, yes, we did. Now, how did you get past your fighting? Now that you're one of the hottest couples in Hollywood."

"Me? Hot?" I exclaim. I put a hand to my forehead. "I'm not hot. I'm actually pretty cold right now." 

The man laughs once more, and waits for me to go on. 

"Oh." I realize. "I mean like," I make this up on the spot. "So after," I start. "He kind of just said he made the wrong impression and yeah. He decided to talk to me. And then he wanted to see me some more. Turns out he's not a bad guy. He's pretty hot," I explain, nodding. 

Marty raises his eyebrows. "Is that the only reason you like him?"

I shake my head vigorously. "Dude, Alex is a god. His music says enough but getting to know him is better. And it doesn't hurt that he's pretty hot."

Marty laughs. "Well, Leah, you are certainly the most interesting guest we've had on here so far. Another question: have you had any drama with Ariella or Alexa?"

"Psh, nah. They seem like cool chicks but I ain't caught up in that drama. After all, I wasn't the reason for their split," I say. I furrow my eyebrows and lean over by Marty, and tossle his hair a bit. "Your hair is pretty soft."

"Why, thank you Ms. Greene," Marty looks at the camera oddly. He puts it back into place. "Quite the hairstylist as well."

"Nooo," I say. "I once cut my own hair and let me tell you, I looked like Chucky."

Marty laughs, his noise crinkling. He doesn't have a response. Then the producers decide to cut for a commercial break. Marty is still laughing. He stands up. "You were great. The crowd will love you."

"I know," I say, flipping my hair. "Thanks for having me, Marty-Mar." I wave bye and meet back with the gang backstage. 

"Hello my friends," I say, holding my arms out, motioning towards me. "I don't want to brag but I was the best thing that television has ever seen out there." 

Colin fake smacks me on the head. "Remind me never to let you drink before something." He gets called away by one of the managers. 

Jamie ruffles my hair. "Ya did good, kid." I ruffle his hair back. 

Alex smirks. "Not bad," he says. I suddenly remember all what I said back there. I laugh, reminants of the drink still left on my tongue. He looks at me, and I see a thoughtful expression in his eyes but I'm too distracted. 

"Oh, get a room," Kelly says sarcastically at Alex. "Leah, you were funny. But are you drunk?"

"Um. Yes. No," I giggle. "Silly."

 Alex continues to watch me carefully as we leave the studio. I pass out in the car.