00| P R O L O G U E

"Everything dear, will it be hereOne day when I am returning?"

One day when I am returning?"

* * *

Leaving University was heaven on Earth! With a degree in History, her best friends by her side, River Dawson felt nothing more than ecstasy as a new adventure awaited for her. With the world in her hands she was itching to discover more of it and that is what she planned to do.

It wasn't even a week after she left Cambridge University, when she and her two friends sat in her attic bedroom which looked over the busy London streets, basking in the late evening sun.

"So you're leaving us?" River was asked by her best friend, Alexis West, who leaned against the wardrobe, her long legs crossed over one another.

River sighed, "you have always known this was my plan," she replied, "besides it's not like you're never going to see me again, you're my day ones!"

Her other best friend, Lottie Brown, nodded her head in agreement, "she's right, Lex. Plus, she can let us know where we can find some hotties! I've always fancied myself a European hunk, just think about his beautiful body and buff arms—"

"Lottie, you could get any man in the world, Vincent Hughes was practically on his knees for you! We don't need River to find some foreign guy for us—"

"Guys! Honestly, I'm finding myself not a guy! Of course I would let you know for any potential love matches for you two but personally I'm staying away from men until I work out exactly what I want from the rest of my life. So please, quit the men talk and help me pack!" River cut off her friends who were about to fall into a never ending spiral of discussing relationships, flings and love. All what she was not interested in finding. Not at all.

Alexis and Lottie nodded their heads, pushing themselves up. They immediately tore open the wardrobe door and started to decided the clothing that would go into River's suitcase.

"Nope!" Alexis exclaimed, tossing a pair of worn down jeans into the floor. River rolled her eyes, watching from her window as the two girls looked both excitedly and disgusted at some items of clothing. Lottie pulled out a yellow bralette and held it against herself. "Absolutely, one hundred percent, yes!"

Lottie flung it into the case and returned back to searching the masses of clothes. Alexis tossed a pair of dungarees, onto the floor. River scrambled onto the floor and picked them up. "Uh, yes!" She said, putting them in the case along with another pair and some shirts.

"River! Seriously?"

"Yes, Lottie, seriously! I love my dungers! So I am taking them!"

Lottie sighed and placed a poncho/shawl-like swimsuit over up and some more bralettes and shorts into the case along with some jumpsuits until the three girls were sitting on it in order to clasp it shut. They grunted, jumping onto it and adjusting themselves so all of their body weights were spread across it and finally, they managed to get it to shut.

They collapsed onto the bed, exhaling in relief and exhaustion. "So what time is your flight?" Questioned Alexis who wiped her forehead, pushing her bobbed fringe out of the way.

"8am."

"8am!" Cried Lottie, "that means we have to be up early!"

"You don't have to come."

"And miss saying a proper goodbye to our best friend who is ditching us for the rest of the world? Of course we're going to come! You must be stupid if you would think otherwise," Said Alexis.

River chuckled, wrapping her arms around the two girls. "I love you both, you know that right?"

"We love you too."

* * *

"Have fun, be safe, use protection and save some hunks for us," Alexis winked at River as they stood in the airport.

River shook her head, "I won't need protection because men are not going to be on my agenda so you are welcome to them all!"

Lottie smirked, "why thank you... no but in all seriousness, River, live your best life and we'll see you soon."

"I will. Don't miss me too much."

"How could we?"

River gave the pair once last hug before picking up her case in one hand and placing her floppy blue sunhat on her head. She smiled softly and slowly edged away from them. Turning, she climbed onto the escalators, looking back at the two women who stood holding each other. She waved back at them as she moved further from them.

Soon they were out of sight and she was on the plane, settling in her window seat as she prepared to leave the continent. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes as it began to roll down the runway, picking up speed, lifting to wheels into the air within minutes. Her body felt weightless as the plane moved further away from Stanstead Airport and further towards Paris.

"To new beginnings."

A/n-
Hello there, so welcome to my new book. I have a few disclaimers:
Some of the storyline will be similar to that of Mamma Mia because I am obsessed with the movies; the stage show; and ABBA so yeah. I don't own anything that seems similar.
I also don't own anything to do with the Harry Potter series so don't sue me. This is merely my take on the two stories. 🧡