18 | S L U T

"Chiquitita, tell me the truthI'm a shoulder you can cry onYour best friend, I'm the one you must rely on"

I'm a shoulder you can cry on
Your best friend, I'm the one you must rely on"

* * *

Bill chased River for what seemed like miles and despite his legs being that slightly bit longer (not by much as she's a tall woman) he couldn't catch her. He didn't know what had made her run, in fact, it scared him because he wasn't sure whether it was something he had said or not.

Eventually, he lost her as a crowd of tourists on a tour courtesy of his coworker Eldon, flooded past him and he lost sight of the beautiful woman he was chasing. If he's in defeat and kicked the dirt, would he ever get her properly?

River didn't stop running until she made it back to her hotel. She raced past the front desk and slammed into her room and collapsed on the bed as the tears streamed down her cheeks. Her stomach churned and turned at the thought of her affiliations these past few months. It was the total opposite to what she had told Lottie and Alexis.

Lottie and Alexis...

Scrambling to the telephone she dialled the number to the telephone Lottie kept in her bedroom knowing nine times out of ten the pair were at Lottie's house. It rang for a little while and River began to feel as if she would not get answered until Alexis' voice cooed through the phone:

"Hellooo!" She chirped, "Lottie's phone."

"Lex, it's me, River," She said, her voice cracking and not concealing her sobs anymore.

"Oh my god, baby, what's up?" She exclaimed, "Lot, it's River and she's crying."

"River, babe, talk to us, what's wrong?" Lottie asked her.

"I need you guys. I really need you guys here."

"Where are you?"

"Egypt. Near the pyramids."

"We'll get the first flight out there, don't you worry baby, Lottie and Alexis to the rescue!"

River thanked them and ended the call. She couldn't bring herself to talk for much longer. The girls seemingly understood and let her go promising her that it won't be long and they would be by her side. She collapsed onto her knees where she crawled towards the mirror and sat before it staring at her messy self.

With tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes she looked down at the reflection of her body which she cradled in her arms. How could she ever let herself get like this? Before Bill, River was a virgin. She never let herself go as much as she had down whilst travelling but maybe that was part of finding herself. But Bill.

Bill had unlocked something within her that had been tightly shut since the day she was born. She let herself get carried away with men whilst Bill didn't. Bill only did that with her. How she would ever be able to face him ever again she didn't know.

A surge anger rippled through her veins and she tore her shirt, the buttons flying around the hotel room and the thin material ripping into pieces on the floor. She did the same with a pair of red, flowing, three-quarter length trousers that were made of similar, thin material perfect for hot countries. They came off of her body in shreds and the she broke her bra down the centre and threw that elsewhere and ripped her underwear into pieces too. She kicked off her sandals and was left a bare, sobbing mess in front of the mirror.

Clutching her stomach she pulled at it, she ran her fingers down her curves as if they were disgusting specks of dirt on a mantle piece. Next was her boobs, she lifted them up and dropped them, to her they were saggy- they were far from it. Every part of her body she critiqued until it got to her private area.

She stared at it in the mirror in pure distaste, venomous disgust riddled in her thoughts. "HOW DARE YOU!" She shouted not caring who heard. "HOW DARE YOU!"

She counted how many men she had let between her legs in such a short amount of time. Too many. Way too many! Screaming she hit the ground and groaned into the floor. It hurt. It hurt her knowing that she was letting anyone and everyone in. To her it was disgraceful and derogatory and she hated it. She loathed herself.

Within twelve hours, Alexis and Lottie were in the hotel room, literally bathing River and getting her into bed. She was a mess and they were not letting their friend get further into that state. They had found the hotel from the postcard River had sent and it was something they should have taken notice of sooner but didn't. Nevertheless, they had gotten there and that was the main thing.

"Baby, what's up?" Asked Alexis as she cuddled her best friend who continued to cry on self loathing.

"I'm such a slut!" The girls shared a look and waited for River to explain. She did and the girls couldn't be more amused. River watched as the girls laughed and exchanged money between one another. "What the hell?"

"River, you're irresistible! Of course you'd sleep with a guy or two when travelling alone. And as for these guys, can you hook us up? They sound divine!"

"Yeah and as for this Bill bloke, baby, go get him! It's not like you're in a relationship, so what if you've explored men? It's part of life! At least you're an adult and not a horny teenager. It's natural! You are not a slut. Far from it!"

River shook her head, "I'm a next level whore!"

"Bullshit! Now tomorrow, we're going to get you all dolled up and we're going to get that man because, honey, it's safe to say you're one hundred percent whipped!"