19 | T R U T H

"One chance to take that never comes back againYou and me, to the end"

You and me, to the end"

* * *

The next day, Alexis and Lottie picked out River's outfit, styled her hair and added some light makeup onto her face. River didn't think it was at all worth it when she believed she had blown it with Bill and certainly didn't like the feeling of makeup on her cheeks. Nevertheless, she let the two put it on her and then top it up after they had eaten breakfast.

The three women then set out in search for Bill, River directed them to the pyramids where they sat on a bench near where the tour that River had gone on started and ended in hopes that Bill would show his face at some time. Of course, Alexis and Lottie got distracted by Egyptian men who passed to the point where they both left River to her own devices. Was this just an excuse to let River and hopefully Bill be alone?

River sighed bored, it seemed as she would not see Bill but then she heard his voice. He was with someone, a woman, who laughed with him and made him laugh. She frowned, it was too late and there Bill was the previous day saying she was all he could think about, how bloody true that was!

"I'll see you around, Bill," said the beautiful woman, "when I'm not beating the shit out of your brother."

"Later, Tonks, it was good to see you. " said Bill waving goodbye and turning his head to the left not expecting to see River frowning on the bench. "River?"

"Bill..."

"I went after you but I lost you. I would have searched the whole area for you but I got called back into work to cover a sick co-worker. Why did you run?" The man sat beside her and watched as she stiffened.

River bit her tongue and searched for Alexis and Lottie, they were nowhere to be seen, so instead, she prayed that the ground would open up and swallow her whole. Send her to the great depths of the earth. Being beside Bill who wanted an answer to why she legged it was not as easy at it was said. How could she tell the man that she was so clearly infatuated with that whilst he was thinking of her, she was in the bed of another man?

"River, are you okay? You look ready to cry, love." Bill placed a gentle hand on her knee and sent shivers tingling down her spine. River inhaled deeply trying to suppress the cry she was close to letting slip. "You can tell me anything."

The woman looked him in the eyes and Bill could see the level of sadness within hers. She placed her hand over his and bit her lip. "Please don't hate me, Bill."

"You're scaring me."

"I feel tremendously horrible about this. I didn't intend for it to happen but it did but you must know that I couldn't stop thinking of you and comparing them to you. Bill, I was with some other guys when I wasn't with you. I feel terrible because I care about you so much-"

Bill stood up letting his hand drop from her knee. He raked his hands through his long red hair and crouched down for some strange reason. He was trying to comprehend it all and find a way to be annoyed at her but he couldn't. He couldn't blame her whatsoever when she wasn't actually his girlfriend so she was free to go with anyone but it did hurt a little bit.

"How exactly do you care about me? Is it in just a friendly way or more?"

"More."

"Do you regret going with everyone else?"

River thought for a moment and then shook her head. "I'd be lying if I said I do. Because if I hadn't have gone with them I would not have realised just how much I care for you, Bill. When I say I kept comparing them to you, I was pointing out how you were so much better than them. It wasn't loads of guys but one or two. Bill, I understand if you hate me but I just want you to know that I like you, a lot."

Bill sipped his waterbottle to replenish the lost moisture in his mouth. Lookin at River he could only see the level of sincerity in her eyes followed by sadness. She was telling the truth, there was no doubt about that. "So what are you going to do about it?"

"Huh?"

"I said, what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't understand."

"Just shut up and kiss me."

River leapt up and clasped his face in the palms of her hands pulling his face down so that her lips met his. Together, they got lost in one another and Bill wrapped his arms around her tightly. She moved closer to him (if that was even possible) and relished in the fact that he did not hate her. If he had hated her she wasn't sure what she would have done other than be super embarrassed and probably drop off the face of the earth. Yet, she needn't worry about that anymore.

Bill gently pulled away just a tad, his lips still brushing hers barely and he stared straight into her eyes. "You don't need this makeup, but it looks nice." He murmured, "what made you want to wear it?"

"My friends who are visiting here put it on me, I don't really like it."

"And so you shouldn't have to. You are flawless River, I don't know your middle name, Dawson."

"It's Aphrodite," she smiled.

Bill grinned, "Goddess of love, your parents got that part right, love. Would your friends mind if you disappeared for a while?"

"Do you see them at all?"

"Nope."

"Then I guess not, darling."

The man smirked and held her tighter, "You might want to hold on tight." He instructed, putting her arms around his waist.

River gripped him with all her might and screamed as Bill and she got sucked into a tube, soaring at hundreds of miles an hour, landing roughly on the cold flooring of what looked like a kitchen.  The woman began to hurl as she hunched over with her hands on her knees as she dropped her hold of Bill. Bill ushered her to the sink and watched horrified at the amount of vomit that spewed from her lips. When she was done she collapsed onto the floor out of breath.

Bill got her a glass of water and sat beside her. "Now I have heard about people throwing up on their first time but that was some next level vomiting from you. Considerably projectile."

"What the bloody hell was that?" She exclaimed, downing the water Bill had handed her.

"That is called apparation, the quickest way to travel in the wizarding world. Don't worry after a few times you should be right as rain. We travelled a twenty-minute walk in mere seconds, welcome to my house!"

River shook her head and leaned against his chest, "fucking wizards."

"Haha, you'll be alright soon. Open your mouth a sec." Bil pointed his wand into her mouth and muttered a spell. River's eyes widened and suddenly her mouth felt minty-fresh. "Now it's as if you haven't thrown up at all."

River smiled weakly, still dizzy from the method of travel. "Next time you want to kill me, thrown me under a bus, it'll be nicer than that!"