29| T H E B U R R O W

"Mamma mia, here I go againMy my, how can I resist you?Mamma mia, does it show again?"

My my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again?"

* * *

Bill pulled River along with him and into the slightly crooked house. She was mesmerised by the whole building and it's contents. Things were doing stuff by themselves, like the knitting needles by the armchair, there was a grand clock with hands with all of the Weasley children on it. She spotted another face and tilted her head.

"Who is that?" She asked him pointing at the boy with curly hair and glasses.

Bill sighed, "that's my brother Percy, he has kind of disowned us all. Try not to mention him in front of mum, she hasn't taken it well."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything."

"No, darling, I'd be questioning who some random bloke is too if I were in your position." He lead her up one flight of stairs and into a bedroom on the right. In there was two single beds, one where Bill threw the bags onto and the other he sat on, bringing her down beside him. "This is mine and Charlie's room. The bed is kinda small but I can push the two together if need be."

"I'm sure we will fit," she told him to stop him stressing. "Thank you for this, Bill. You're too good, you know?"

"I know. But also, if it means you can have some down time then I'd do anything. I can see how much it's taking a toll on you. Not to be rude but I have no idea why your parents aren't doing anything about it. You needed to be eased into it all, not just thrown in the dragon's den." He ran his fingers through her hair as she yawned, "want to get some sleep?"

She nodded and Bill let go of her so that she could get changed. "Uh, Bill? Did you not pack any jammies?"

"Jammies?"

"Pyjamas."

"Oh, bugger, sorry, River, I just threw some fresh clothes in there. I wanted to be as quick as possible. Here have my shirt, you want the clean or pre-worn?" He ripped off his t-shirt and held up that one and a fresh one from his bag.

River, turning red like a rose, sheepishly took the worn shirt which made Bill smirk. "Now is that because it's warm already or because it smells of me?"

River refused to answer as she got changed and even though Bill had seen her in both her underwear and the nude so many times she coiled away from him and hid her body as much as possible. Bill stared lovingly at her, confused for why she was covering herself. However, he didn't say anything about it, he let it happen and they climbed into the bed together.

The bedposts squeaked as they got comfortable and Bill blushed embarrassed at the rickety bed's condition but River didn't comment on it at all. She rested her head on the pillow and curled up closing her eyes with a yawn.

"Can... can I hold you?" Bill asked her.

River smiled, "you don't need to ask, Bill."

Bill gently put his arm over her and held her closely, "I love you saying my name."

"Bill. Bill. Bill. Billll... why? I'm just saying your name."

"Your accent is sexy, that's why. You Irish are blessed from birth." He told her as his thumbs rubbed circles on her covered stomach.

River giggled but didn't say anything else. Another yawn slipped from her chapped lips and the sounds of Bill's breathing deepen my flooded her ears. She smiled to herself as she relaxed herself to sleep. Feeling Bill beside her settled her quickly and she couldn't help but fall asleep quickly.

In the morning, River awoke to the sounds of chickens. As soon as she did, she forgot where she was but Bill's grip tightening around her waist soon solved that mystery as he grumbled in her ear. Boy, she couldn't wait to hear his morning voice again.

She scooted slightly enabling herself to roll over and snuggle into his chest. She closed her eyes a little longer but Bill moved and began to brush patterns on her back. River started to laugh, her back being one of the most ticklish parts of her body. Bill snickered and adjusted his head to pepper her face with kisses.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said lowly, his voice husky and deep. River felt weak at the knees and her stomach did flips.

"Morning," she returned looking up at him. "Thank you again."

"It's no problem, it was nice getting away from everyone even if it was just to sleep. We'll have to be getting back soon."

River sighed, "a little longer."

"Okay, a little longer."

The pair stayed in bed for a bit more before getting up and getting dressed. They chose to go and eat in a cafe in the local village before returning back to Grimmauld place. When they arrived, they immediately got called into the dining room.

"Where were you two?" Questioned Mr Dawson, "up at the crack of dawn."

River chewed her lip and tucked some hair behind her ears. "I woke up early and I wanted to get some stuff from home but it would take me ages to get there and I didn't want to go alone. Bill offered to take me."

Nobody questioned anything about it all and let the pair take the bags upstairs. "Good cover," Bill said to her once they were in her and Eros' room.

"Thinking on the spot is easy, I guess," she told him with a shrug, "I'm just glad nobody questioned anything or your brother say anything."

"He's probably forgotten everything, things go in one ear and out the other to be honest."

Bill leaned down and pecked her lips. "We should spend some alone time again, maybe a hotel next time."

"Mmm, sounds like a plan." She reached up and wrapped her arms around her neck. Her fingers toyed with the hairs at the nape of his neck, her eyes stared up at his and she tilted her head. "You're very, very handsome, Bill."

"Thank you very much, River, you do make me blush."

River grinned and pushed herself up onto her tiptoes to kiss him again. Bill took her by the waist and lifted her up slightly. "Are you staying in England for much longer or are you going away again?"

"I'm thinking about it."

"Don't leave me for too long if you do, eh?"

"I couldn't even if I tried."