06 | J U S T G E T O V E R H E R E

"When you were lonely, you needed a manSomeone to lean on, well I understandIt's only natural"

Someone to lean on, well I understand
It's only natural"

* * *

"So I do have two beds, however, unfortunately one is covered with all of my gear," Mathias said as they slowly drifted through the waters towards the island in the distance. The sun was gently setting shining gloriously on the calm waters which sparkled in all its deep azure beauty. The two were bellow deck as it gently cut the water, Mathias showing River around his brand spanking new boat.

"Why would it matter how many beds you have? It's a short trip to the island."

Mathias scratched the back of his head, "you don't expect me to sail during the night do you? Not when I haven't any proper lighting fitted on the hull."

River scoffed, "call yourself a sailor! How long have you been sailing?"

"Three years but this boat is new and I haven't installed them yet. I am more concerned with the boat race at the weekend." Mathias told her sipping a cup of water.

River raised her eyebrows, leaning against a cupboard door. "You're racing? In two days time?"

Mathias hummed in response climbing up onto the deck again and dropped the anchor into the deep depths of the sea, switching the engine on and flicking the generator switch. He and River then moved to sit on the side of the boat with their legs dangling over the edge.

"About this race. What happens in it?" River asked the handsome man.

"You do know how a race works right?"

"Duh! But I thought maybe there was more to it than just ready set go, oh this boat crossed the line first. Yay, they win!" Replied River sardonically, waving her arms around.

Mathias snorted nudging her with his shoulders. "So, what lies for you on the island?" He asked, his accent thick but delightful.

River shrugged, "I'm not sure. I'll find it when I get there."

"And if you don't?"

"Then I'll continue looking."

* * *

Night time in Greece was far different from Paris. The sky was open and not shadowed by bright artificial lights. Instead, it was a sanctuary full of stars that twinkled and reflected onto the sea like a mirror. It was as if the boat was travelling in the centre of a tunnel that gently rocked as the waves lapped against its exterior. It was serene. No hustle or bustle. Just them, alone and undisturbed.

As the breeze got bitter Mathias stood up and raised River to her feet. The woman admired the sights around her. "It's magnificent!" She gasped, "I've never seen something so pretty."