Challenge Accepted

When I got back that evening with a doe slung over my shoulders, Loki was nowhere to be seen. I hefted my kill onto the small porch to clean, and went inside for my skinning knife. As I dug through the kitchen drawers, I didn't see Loki standing behind me in the bathroom doorway.

"Good hunt?" He asked, making me jump. I spun around to see him standing there in nothing but a towel around his waist. My cheeks grew warm when I took in his well defined chest and arms. It had been along time since I saw a man like that.

"I got a deer." I replied, heading towards the door. He followed me, one hand holding the towel in place. I plopped down on the porch step, starting to cut into the doe. Loki watched me as I worked. 

"You were going to shred me with those talons of  yours, but didn't use them on an animal?" He mused. I laid down the knife and turned to him. 

"Do you enjoy taunting me?" I asked bluntly. 

He chuckled, "Yes, but I have to admit, I do like watching your face flush that lovely shade of red. And after you made me clean out that disgusting hutch, I think I'm entitled to a little teasing."

"So now you're hitting on me." I retorted, "Look, I'm not interested." Irritated, I got to my feet and tried to brush past him into the house, but he put his arm out to block my path. 

"You know, in Asgard I could have any woman I wanted." He said in a low, seductive voice. 

I raised an eyebrow, "Asgard? You know Thor then?" 

Loki laughed, "I should hope so, he's my brother." Something in my brain clicked. Loki...god of mischief and chaos. 

"I should kick you out of my house right now." I said, narrowing my eyes into black slits. Again, he laughed and attempted to grab my waist. I caught his hand and squeezed it.

"I'm not a conquest." I warned, "You want to stay? Fine. But you earn your keep with hard work, not by crawling into my bed." That said, I brushed past him and locked myself in the bathroom for some peace and quiet.

"Challenge accepted." I hard him mutter from the other side of the door.