Whispers in the Dark

I laid in bed that night, thinking about my kiss with Loki in the woods. We had gone back to the house after that, not really saying much to each other. Why had I kissed him? He was arrogant and could bring the Avengers to my door. But, he was also intelligent and didn't seem fazed by my black eyes or wings. Closing my eyes, I replayed our kiss over and over in my mind until sleep claimed me. 

I was running again, the invisible hands grabbing for me. At my hands, my legs, my throat...everywhere. I tried to scream, but the hands covered my mouth, heavy and stinking of rotting flesh. I couldn't escape them...

"(Y/N)!" A voice shook me awake, gripping my hands in theirs. When my eyes flung open, I tried to hit the figure over me, but the hands held me tight. 

"(Y/N), calm down! It's me!" The voice hissed. Loki...it was Loki. I stopped struggling and sat up. The room was dark, but I could just barely make out his silhouette. When he was sure he I wouldn't hit him again, he let go of my hands. I folded them in my lap and stared down. 

"You were screaming in your sleep." Loki whispered, "Are you okay?" Throat dry, I just shook my head. No...no I was not okay. I wanted a night's rest without being chased by invisible hands. He stood there for a moment, then went around to the other side of the bed. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I found my voice when he started to crawl into bed beside me. Without answering me, he pulled me against his chest and wrapped one arm around me. With a start, I realized he was shirtless. 

"What are you doing?" I said again, though not moving. 

"Just go to sleep." He replied with a small chuckle. 

I closed my eyes, but murmured as I listened to the beat of his heart, "If you try anything, I will skewer you with my talons." The last thing I heard before drifting back to sleep was his soft laughter rumbling deep in his chest.