Babysitting

Ah-Si hurried through the zoo full of ire, he nearly was stamping as he always did when he was infuriating.  He rushed in direction of the exit, his jaw and teeth clenching so that the tension of his muscles could be seen below his ears.
"She’s so bad and so stupid,” he muttered while walking at a spanking pace. “She has no sparkle of an idea about my true feelings for her up to now.”
Running away and letting her go with that child wasn’t a good way to say good bye. He knew very well that an official date should have a better end. “And then this spoilt brat she dared to bring with!” He scolded on.

Suddenly he felt a bit sorrow inside and he abruptly stood still. Absentmindedly he stared at some postcards of a kiosk in front of him. One of the postcard motives attracted his attention. It was one with that majestic tiger on, they had seen a minute ago.

“What was the name of the child? Xiao Long?” Well it was an awesome little boy he had to admit and Ah-Si remembered how glad little Long had been when he took him on top of his shoulders to show him the yellow-black striped big cat.

Only for a second he saw himself being a lonesome tiger as well wandering along the fences, always watched from people afar.

He couldn’t remind of ever having been at the zoo, nor with his parents nor with Mrs. Yu. “Did anybody ever carry me piggyback? “Ah yes”, he remembered vaguely after a while, playing with his sister Zhuang to be mountaineers on the Himalayas when he was nearly at the same age as Xiao Long. They climbed up the stairs and Zhuang - as a Sherpa - took him piggyback pretending to save his little brother out of the snow-white hell.  What an exciting game. As long as he could think Zhuang has always taken care of him, she has always been his babysitter.

Unfortunately Zhuang had stumbled unintendedly, so he fell with her and had his arm broken. Then there was a big yelling of mum and Mrs. Yu.  And subsequently piggyback was no longer aloud at the Daoming mansion especially on the stairs. Zhuang had been punished by his parents and they employed an additional annoying nanny, who was instructed not leave the kids’ side like a human watchdog.

This was ages ago, but the memory of his childhood calmed him down.
For a minute he was enlightened by the lightheartedness of those past days.

It helped him to clear up his mind and he gained more peace inside again. He took some deep breaths now reflecting where he had left Shancai and the boy and thought about whether he should meet those two shorts again. Being honest to himself he already missed her and the way how she cared for the boy she was entrusted with.

He still reasoned “She is she so small. How could a tiny girl like her took so much space of my heart?”
Meanwhile he almost forgot why he had been so peeved at. He swallowed the last rest of his anger and decided to go back and search for them. 
All of a sudden he was keen on playing father, mother and child. He was curious to see how Shancai and he would work together as a family. He was willing to accept that babysitting challenge with Xiao Long. He wanted to have back that family feeling which he lost on the day his father died.  He had never been so profound before.

But to make matters worse he didn’t found them anymore and so he finally went back home alone still thinking of how making up the mess he had caused.

Back at Daoming mansion he slendered through the hall and ended in the kitchen to serve himself something to drink while his sister’s voice suddenly shocked him from behind.
“Ah-Si, you are already back from your date? How was it, I want to know every detail” she curiously insisted on him.
“I’m still thinking of it” he said in a low voice, “but not the way you probably assume”.

Zhuang scratched her head, this tone wasn’t Ah-Si like, but she persisted and didn’t let him go with flimsy excuses.
Finally Ah-Si couldn’t hold back and told her about the dilemma with his and Shancais’s date. About the unnecessary quarrel with her, the jealousy towards an innocent child and his plan to join them again, which failed.

“I really swallowed my pride.” he mumbled. “I don’t know how, but for the first time I was aware that I might probably have been wrong.”

Zhuang stood up and gave him a big hug. “Lil bro”, she started tenderly and went on acting in a more dramatic manner.
“I’m so proud of you. You’re really grown up, suddenly you are so mature from one second to another. I think at least you don’t need me as babysitter any longer.” She moved back of him in order to leave the room.
Click-clacking with her red murder high heels on the marble she declared even more theatrically while opening the door.
“But be sure, my dear, I will definitely …” she added an emotional sobbing and turned towards him. She stopped talking for a dramatic pause and then twinkled with her eyes showing her special malicious AH-Si-teasing smile before she left the room with following words:

“…be back on stage for babysitting my adorable nieces and nephews in the very near future!”
Zhuang!!!!!” was the last what she heard from her brother this evening.

Author’s note:
Sorry for my very possible mistakes.
Also using the Zoo-scenario for a Prompt on “Babysitting” , hope you enjoy this version too. Thank you for reading. Please, let me improve.
Tagging as well
@Zazounette86
@Dr-Cokebottles
@monicacantwrite
@Meggyhashope
@JVH624
@rainingmeteors
@evafabricando