Respect is not a One-way Road

Silence finally, when she sat next to her son's bed. She used to sit there in the same way when he was a little boy suffering from a fever. She just sat there contemplating and watching him sleeping. So peaceful to watch a sleeping child. But Ah-Si was no longer a child, he has grown up and was ready to take over responsibility for the Daoming family as well as for the Daoming Group.

They picked such a disgustful fight together only one hour ago. A dispute which escalated in violence and ended for Ah-Si with a medical treatment by Mr. Liu.

It was such a convoluted and intricate situation, but all she claimed for was some respect. Respect to the family, to the work of his father, to his ancestors and above all respect to her, his mother who sacrificed her life to the company to save the heritage for their children.

"Why does he so stubbornly hold on that little nothing of a girl? He could have any girl in the world. Richer, more beautiful, more intelligent, more interesting, more elegant, simply more of everything! But he keeps on this wallflower with her crude manners as if she were a princess. He is so blind, she must have bewitched him. I offer him a princess on a silver tablet, a rich and pretty girl with best education, he only needs to agree and we would be save."

Initially she thought, that Ah-Si was over that girl whose name she didn't even want to mention. She had tried to explain the situation to him of the financial mess the company was actually facing. So she believed, he had accepted his future role in the Daoming Company at last, when he finally dumped that girl in London. She, the mighty Daoming Feng was so close to the goal to have him married with Xaozi, heiress of the He Company. But Xaozi herself had crossed the plans.

Their intensive quarrel still shocked her. Ah-Si was so enraged, she had never seen her son like this before not even in London.

He had shouted at her and called her names. And she - as a mother - had to stand that all, she had to bear everything. This was the role of a mother. But she was more than a mother, she was responsible for 1000s of employees. And if she wouldn't find a solution soon, the company would be ruined for sure.

"Ah-Si, you're so young, you haven't much experience in life. Believe me you will find another love. Show respect to your ancestors and to me. Do it for our employees! They rely on me, on us, and the marriage with the He-Group heiress is our moneuvre of the very last minute."

"Ma, I've always done what you wanted, always followed your advice. But this is the first time I cannot obey - my love is not negotiable! I love Shancai, she is the one I'm living for, you cannot insist on me to leave her! Please respect me once! I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER will accept Xaozi as my wife as long as I life! You definitely have to kill me before I give my compliance to a relationship like this." He rampaged like a raging bull.

Indeed she has never seen her son as a man till that moment. He had always been her little kid whom she took care of, whom she had offered a frame in which he could act as he liked to.
But the last word spoken was hers as head of the family, she was forced to be after the sudden death of her beloved husband.

"Have you ever thought of dad while you have devastated his business? Is that your respect towards him and his work?"

This went too far! It was a mere reflex - slap - she couldn't prevent hitting him - slap - "Don't dare! It's not up to you to mention your father this way!" - Slap.

She had rushed towards him and hit out on his face so that he was staggering backwards trying to prevent her both whirling and beating hands in front of him.

When she ceased slapping she had seen only for a second her son's left fist coming up to her face, but he stopped in the last moment and instead of her, he punched the glass vitrine next to him.

Sound of splitting glass, blood on his knuckles. That was the moment when they knocked off fighting, both scared of each other and heavily breathing.

Daoming Feng then called for Mr. Liu for several times. As soon as mother and son had started screaming all servants immediately ran off like cockroaches when light was switched on. So it took some time till Mr. Liu appeared in order to draw the glass splinters out of Ah-Si's palm. He bandaged his young master's hand with great experience and gave him some painkiller pills. In the end Ah-Si fell asleep.

"His only duty is to obey, not more not less. That goes for ages for our family. What's wrong?"
She herself had obeyed to her father once and had shown respect when she was married to Ah-Si's father. Though it was an arranged marriage - an idea of Ah-Si's grandfather - she was grateful and learnt to love her husband dearly. This was easy as he was a very handsome man and Ah-Si got much of his physical appearance.

Her family wasn't so wealthy, but had a good reputation anyway. Shortly afterwards she had had to find out that the business of her father had been in big troubles. That her marriage was made on higher purpose. That her father-in-law was such a generous person who also had saved Mrs. Yu several years before she came into the Daoming family.

But the happier times were gone, things have changed drastically at the day she became a widow. She was quite aware of the fact that she had turned into a crocodile over the past years since she was obliged to take over the family business. The responsibility turned more and more into an unbearable burden. A sheer nightmare which in the meantime caused her countless sleepless nights. She was so exhausted, thin-skinned and vulnerable. There she was with her back to the wall. She needed a solution so urgently!

And to top this day off his forking friends dared to show up sneaking through the backdoor and started to criticize her for not respecting her son.
These immature guys! She was so tired of declaring again and again the meaning of respect.
Life's not always a pony farm.

AN:
That's my attempt on (my) prompt "respect", which was hard I admit. Hope it's not too hard to read.
Thanks for being a sexy French fries (I feel so honoured) together with Monica.
Tagging all the talented queens as there are @Dr-Cokebottles @monicacantwrite @meggyhashope @JVH624 @Zazounette86 @rainingmeteors @evafabricando @lindaisfangirling