Magic in your eyes

Ah-Si travelled to London for a week where he had some business meetings for his breaking through startup “Embrace your dreams” while Shancai stayed in Shanghai to follow her study.

Things have changed so rapidly after his mum had been convinced of his new business plan. It was as if a dark rainy sky opened its gates and the sun sent her warm shiny rays to earth and made the world bright and lovable again. From that point on they were free as every other young couple in love.

When Ah-Si was on business trips she liked to spend her time alone in Shanghai in spite of him, who wanted her to know to be save at his place.

But Shancai didn’t want to enter the Daoming mansion all alone, when Ah-Si was abroad, she felt still insecure there. And she also wasn’t particularly keen on staying at his house together with Ah-Si overnight as long as his mum, who still behaved strangely at times, or his sister were in the house. So she made up her mind and could carefully persuade him to stay with her at her tiny but comfortable cozy flat because there they were really all alone. No curious Mrs. Yu, not even a more curios sister Zhuang. Sometimes she felt Zhuang used to sleep in front of Ah-Si’s room and she never knocked before coming in. And no future mother-in-law around.

At her home they were at ease and could act as a normal young couple as they now were officially an official couple with the blessing of both families.

He agreed remarkably quickly to the deal when she explained him about her flat’s assets and needn’t to threaten him with another “5 years”. Of course Ah-Si would have liked to marry her at once anyway on the other hand.

But it was again Shancai who wanted to postpone the marriage till both of them had regained her full strength after their “Hunger Games” of which they now were able to laugh at. But all knew it had been deadly serious on Razor’s Edge!

To Ah-Si’s utmost surprise Shancai insisted on a big wedding which was meant to have enough time for preparing everything perfectly and properly. For choosing the right time and the right place, to get the invitation list ready and according to the list the cards organized in time and much more.
And besides this all Shancai wanted to finish her studies first before she became Mrs. Daoming.

She had almost stayed the whole week working in the Mingde library. She loved this place to be more than studying alone at home.

The library was an atmospheric place, a great hall whose roof resembled to a modern version of a gothic cathedral, high walls colored in white and gold. The walls were constantly punctuated by several small but high windows which led the sunlight flood inside the building. Several balconies and balustrades leading to the bookshelves and magazines replenish the structure of the inward façade.

The architecture was exceptionally impressive and so entering the hall everyone automatically shut up and was going to concentrate immediately on their studies.

Shancai was up to work for her bachelor’s thesis and searched mandatory literature and essential articles for her project. She had already gathered a lot of books and comparative studies on selected nutrition topics and their impact on the human body. Her plan was to create a special diet for cancer patients after their chemotherapy for better and quicker recovery. She worked fully concentrated, from time to time she underlined some paragraphs, copied some references on her booklet or typed something in her tablet.

Sometimes when she couldn’t step further she tore a frown and chewed on her pen as it was her crummy habit. Ah-Si didn’t like this manner at all and he usually scolded her when seeing her acting like this.  She couldn’t stop doing it, but the effect of his scolding was that she always have to think of him while chewing a pen and so it got a double meaning.