Angst

What started with some kind of a joke ended in an evil nightmare, in a sheer catastrophe.

Leaving London cost Lei a lot of strength, how he longed for a pause to caress his wounded and maltreated soul. It took so much of him to see Shancai suffer after Ah-Si’s heartless and incomprehensible behavior. But then Ah-Si all of a sudden appeared and tried to apologize to her.

And she gave in to follow him. He nailed her with her promise and Lei knew Shancai so well, that she couldn’t say no. So Lei left London alone, exhausted and annoyed. Now it was on Ah-Si to take care of her again, hopefully he would give Shancai a square deal this time. Lei would have needed a rest so urgently, but back in Shanghai Xaozi called and the rollercoaster started a new ride.

Lei was full aware that the days on the island - cleverly planned by Ah-Si’s ex-fiancée - couldn’t have been a long lasting solution whether they - the reunited couple Ah-Si and Shancai - screamed their love vows over the churning sea or not.

But what happened when arriving back at Shanghai after Interpol had finally found them, was far beyond his imagination.

Ah-Si was so stubborn to reject Lei’s suggestion to leave the ship in different groups. Ah-Si on the contrary wanted to show the facts to the world and to his mum if she ever would watch the Shanghai News in London. He wanted boldly to face the stalking press with Shancai at his side.

“If I only would have insisted on”, Lei speculated “might that have changed something?” 
They all were torn apart by the harassing paparazzi and he was the one, who spied out one of the villains.

But Lei couldn’t prevent the worst. Keeping hold of the rascal he was forced to take the role of a witness to watch a second one to assault Ah-Si.  He was to observe from the distance how Ah-Si stumbled and fell to the ground with an unstoppably shrieking Shancai over him.

So much blood! The blood of his dearest friend! How much blood can run out of a body?

And now he was standing in the hospital with Meizuo and Ximen behind him. A completely scared Shancai sitting on a bench.

He could hardly comfort her without losing his face, without breaking into tears. He didn’t want to show his emotional state nor to Shancai nor to Meizuo or Ximen.

Jing came to his mind, she saved him so often in miserable days, but she was gone, had left him alone. “What if Ah-Si….?” No! He must not think about that! He didn’t allow Ah-Si to go, no way!
His closest friend who was as much important to him as Jing. Both have given him roots and kept him grounded. To lose Ah-Si would mean to lose himself in the end.

He tried to keep his countenance back and approached to Shancai. He saw her small body shivering. The rescue surgery was still ongoing. Seeing her suffering caused him so much pain, he nearly could feel her harm as it was so close to his own.

Now he kneeled in front of her wearing his deadpan face and swallowed his saliva. He laid his hands on hers and made an attempt to console her, “Don’t be afraid, he surely will survive. We are all her to support you, you are not alone”.  His own words outspoken loud were also meant to comfort himself.

Author’s note:
Forgive the melodramatic sh.t on angst, maybe it’s more depressing.  I’m scared of myself now. Really difficult stuff.

In response to
@Dr-Cokebottles
@monicacantwrite
@meggyhashope
@JVH624
@zazounette86
@rainingmeteors
@evafabricando
@lindaisfangirling