Chapter Four

If someone asked me to describe the events for the rest of the day; I won't be able to tell them. One moment I was in the dining room trying to convince my mother I was safe enough to join the rebellion, and then before I knew it, I was standing in front of a long metal tube with four high wheels and many windows. When harmony told me we were taking this death contraption to Majiey, I stared at him in disbelief. I looked over at Leillan and my mother, but they seemed indifferent to the metal tube. In Rycline we had nothing like this. Nothing that transported people in such a way that this thing did. The only way we were able to move around the colony was by foot or horseback.

"You should hurry and grab your stuff Lady Enaye. There is no telling how long you will be in Majiey." Harmony said.

 I nodded and headed back inside to grab the long nightgown I had borrowed from one of the many drawers in the pink room. The silky fabric always felt strange against my skin. As if it knew it didn't belong to me. As I was about to leave the room when I saw myself in the mirror. My eyes already looked sunken in and slightly bloodshot from the lack of sleep the past few nights. The color of my face was just as pale as the white bonnet that was tied close to my face, though apparently not tight enough since a few stubborn black curls slipped through and framed my face. I tried to pinch my cheeks to back down to meet back up with Harmony with the nightgown eyebrow in 

"Yeah, house fires do have a way of burning up all your stuff," I said with a slight smirk, this earned me a chuckle from him. It was nice to hear him laugh; it was nice to hear anyone laugh. These hall's seemed to be full of nothing but tension and panic lately that the uplifting sound of joy brightened up a room. Harmony's smile appeared to illuminate any room he was in. 

We didn't need to wait for my brothers, my mother or Quillian to get ready since they would be joining us later. Harmony said it would be too suspicious if six people just suddenly vanished into the night. My mom also wanted to think of an excellent way to explain the situation to my brothers since they were still in the dark about what exactly was going on. Quillian stood at the top of the staircase and leaned against the glossy wooden railing. 

"Is this the time when I get all mushy? Because I've been practicing my fake crying in the mirror all day." Quillian walked down the staircase two at a time in an attempt to get down sooner. 

"Is this the time when I give you a lecture on not getting into any trouble while I'm gone." Quillian looked down at me as if he was memorizing me. Deep blue eyes had a look of sorrow to them. 

"Everything is okay Cycy, and you have nothing to worry about." though his face and tone made it seem like he was telling the truth I knew him better than to trust that. I watched his fingers tap quickly against his leg. That was a habit both the twins used when they were lying. Before I could push anymore, my mother came into view. She looked distraught and anxious, her short hair sticking up in every direction and a patch around her neck was red from her rubbing it in an attempt to calm her nerves. 

I walked over to her and hugged her close to me. I was a bit shorter than her, so I laid my head on her shoulder "I'll be fine." I promised her. I felt her relax only slightly. "I have people to protect me." 

" You mean you have leillan? What is she going to do if someone comes after you? Sarcasm them to death?" I know my mother was being serious, but I couldn't help but smile. 

"I love you mom" I whispered knowing we had to get going 

"I love you too" she gave me a small kiss on the cheek before I pulled away.

As we approached the black metal tub Harmony opened the front door to the metal tube for me, and I closed my eyes as I slid in, Harmony laughed at me. "I am still not sure how you trust this thing" I mumbled to myself. My hands made their way to the shockingly smooth tan leather of the seats. The seats caused goosebumps to rise from my skin from how cold they felt even through my clothing. The tube sat low to the ground made me feel unusually small. The longer I sat in here, the more I leaned into the back of my seat, and the heavier my eyelids felt, it almost as there were stones tied to my eyelids. The last thing I remember was watching Harmony walking to the car before the smell of mint lulled me to sleep.