Chapter Fifteen

Aleta must've torn up the whole castle looking for Quillian. As if he was hiding and if she searched everyone's rooms and flipped the castle upside down, he would magically appear. I decided to stay in my room while she ran around to keep out of her way. She had already fought someone over them trying to stop her, and I wasn't stupid enough to try my luck with that. The sunset and I still had yet to change or cleaned myself up. I just sat in front of the shattered mirror on the ground in silence. I heard my door swing open and slammed against the wall. Aleta stormed in and started to tear my room apart; I let her. She flipped over my bed, tore through the wardrobe, pushed the books to the floor. Maybe this wasn't so much an act of searching for Quillian but the only way Aleta knew how to let out her nervousness and anger. I had destroyed an innocent mirror, and she took her feelings out on the castle. 

 "Are you just going to sit your ass on the ground or are you actually going to help?" She said, looking under the bed's frame. She turned so I could see her better and I noticed she had a large gash on her side that had blood dripping down her leg. She was hurt, and her first priority was to look for Quillian, was she crazy?

 "Aleta, you need to sit down." I stood up and walked over to her.

 "Cyra you need a bath," she pushed past me and went back to my wardrobe. I felt an odd sense that I needed to help her. I needed to get her to a healer; why? She destroyed so much why did I want to protect her? For the same reason I wanted to save Arksel, they weren't completely evil. No one was completely dark. Everyone had some light in them that could be saved. 

 "Oh, heck Aleta just sit down and let me get a healer!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her to a chair.

 "Did you just oh heck me?" she raised an eyebrow at me. 

 "Yes?" I cross my arms.

 "God, you remind me of my grandmother," she rolled her eyes and tried to get up again. I forced her back down.

"You're hurt Alerta. Running around the castle isn't going to make you any better. I am not telling you to stop searching, just pause for a brief moment so a healer can make sure you don't bleed to death," We stared at each other for a few moments.

 "Fine," she said defeated "But I will only go to one of Arksel's healers. I do not trust Aedin's magic to heal anything bigger than a cut," I smiled a bit to myself. I just won a fight against Aleta Burket. I didn't have time to bathe just yet so I just threw on my night clothes and picked the glass out of my hair before I followed Aleta to Arksel's room. She kicked open the door. I guess her anger has yet to leave her.

 "Aleta why?!" I asked 

 "You have to make a big impact on people, or else no one will listen to you," Aleta shrugged as she quickened her pace to Arksel's bed where he sat with a healer's glowing hands on his arm. Zydan had been right; except for a few unhealed cuts, Arksel looked completely fine. 

 "I need your healer," she said with a passive tone, which softer than the one she had been using on me just a moment ago.

 "And I needed you not to lose our only Majiey prisoner, Aleta," He ran his hand over his face before rubbing his temples. "Fine take her, I need rest anyways," Aleta left the room quickly and ordered for the healer the follow her. The healer looked between Arksel and me before hurrying off. 

 "You okay there, Fawn?" He asked 

 "Yeah, I am fine now that Aedin healed me," My leg still felt like it was barely keeping me up, but I could live with that. "Are you doing fine? You were closer to the blast."

 "I have felt worse things in my life," He slowly sat up. What could possibly be worse than being blow away by an explosion? I had never been in so much pain and confusion before. "I will be sending you home while I go to all the ends of the kingdom and finalize my right to the crown. The castle would be under major repairs so you will get in the way if you stayed here,"