Chapter Six

In the morning leillan and I were awoken by three maids who had burst into our room. They threw open our blinds so that the bright sun filled the room. I heard Leillan groan before she hid her face in my hair that was spread out around me resembling a lion's mane. The blast of light did not seem to bother me since I didn't fall to sleep last night. I was engulfed in a black hole of possible outcomes of my soon to be spy mission. It didn't help that Leillan kept stealing the blankets from me every two seconds.

The maids here were much different than the ones in Recline. Instead of wearing a long black dress, an apron, and bonnets they dressed in blue colored jeans and basic colored shirts. Much less outrageous than most of the people here but the sight of women in pants had still shocked me. One of the maids who seemed the smallest and softest of the three was carrying a stack of clothing I assumed was for us to wear. She turned to look at the two of us, and her dark eyes grew wide with surprise. 

"Oh, I didn't expect Lady Tolon to be in here, If you would like us to give you both a moment," a light blush spread across her cheeks. 

"Oh no we are fine," I said quickly before shaking Leillan awake, even against her growls of protest for me to stop. 

"Well, we will need to go back to her room to grab her clothing. His Highness has picked out for her." The maid laid my pile of clothing on the bed. "He also requested that you both join him for breakfast," said one of the other maids who had striking blue eyes and short blonde hair. They quickly left the room. Leillan and I were drawn into silence. I slowly slid out of bed when I felt she had finally let go of my arm to look at the clothing Harmony had picked out for me. Part of me feared it would be something like what I saw people in the council wear. I laughed at the thought of me in the marshmallow dress. 

"What did his royal highness graciously pick out for you?" Leillan attempted to make her voice sound dramatic and majestic. I picked up the first thing in the pile, and it was a dress. It was a light blue dress with beautiful intricate floral lace on top. The dress seemed as if it would reach just below my knees. The fabric was the softest thing I may have ever felt. I could see Leillan's eyes in the mirror as she stared at the dress. I quickly slipped the dress on. I turned to look at the Leillan to witness a deep blush appearing on her cheeks. 

"You okay?" I asked with a hand on my hip. She simply nodded in response. We didn't need to cover our hair, so I was very lost on what to do with my long hair. So I attempted to tame the frizzy curls and hope for the best. I left Leillan when the maids came in again with her pile of clothing. One of them was kind enough to show me where the dining hallways so I wouldn't have to wander around like an idiot. When I walked in to see an unnecessarily long table. A table cloth ran down the middle of the table and was yellow with silver strikes with the symbol of the kingdom on the very end; it was a crane flying out of a rose. I quickly walked over to where Harmony was sitting. He smiled up at me when I sat next to him.

"You look lovely Cyra." He almost seemed proud of himself for picking out my clothing

"Thank you, Harmony and thank you for the clothing. You really didn't need to. I would've been happy wearing my old dress." In Recline, I only had two dressed. One I would wear to work and one I would wear on special occasions. They looked the same, but one didn't have random cloth patches stitched on.

"You are good with clothing though. My brothers could barely pick an outfit without the assistance of my mother," I laughed gently at the memories of my brother when they attempted to choose their outfits only to look like fools.

"My mother really wanted a daughter, but sadly, I was her only child, so my mother decided to teach me everything she knew about art and clothing while my father trained me to fight," he gave me a shrug as if all those skills weren't a big deal. I suddenly envied Harmony. How cultured he was in so many areas was fantastic.