|| 𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕄𝕒𝕕 ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕖 || 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔱!ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯 ||

𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊: Contains a little bit of smut.

___________________________________________________________

"Burn them all" was all Viserys rememberd about his father.
"Burn them all" was everything King Aerys would keep saying over and over. For few years Viserys believed that "Burn them all" was their house's motto.
"Burn them all", "Burn them all", "Burn them all".
He remembered being scared of his father, lurking in the darkness and observing him on the throne.
"Burn them all" - sometimes a scream, sometimes a whisper, a sound dancing through the halls of the Red Keep. A sound dancing through Viserys' mind since he was a little boy.

___________________________𝕩𝕩𝕩_____________________________

"Come inside", you heard Viserys' voice and you walked into his tent.
"Oh", you gasped seeing him naked in the tub. You tried to cover your eyes using your hand.
"Don't be stupid, (y/n)", he laughed, "Come closer"
So you did and sat on the edge of his tub. You still refused to look at him, though.
"Why did you want to speak with me?", you asked playing with the hem of your dress.
"Look at me", he pleaded. His voice sounded strange. Like he was broken and on the edge of tears. It surprised you but you still was too shy to look at him, "I need you to look at me".
You turned your head around and Viserys' face terrified you. He looked crazy, sad, and amused at the same time. His lilac eyes reminded you of something but you couldn't remember what it was.
"Am I mad, (y/n)?", he asked suddenly and you looked at him like he was mad indeed.
"What do you mean?", you asked gently.
"I think like... Like... I'm losing my mind... I'm... Especially recently... I don't feel like I used to feel... I'm losing control..."
"You're a Targaryen", you shrugged your arms, "Every time a new Targaryen is born, the gods toss the coin of madness and greatness in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land"
"I feel like it didn't land on any side in my case", Viserys confessed. His gaze was intense and you felt uncomfortable. He was naked in the tub and looked at you with those eyes... You knew the eyes... Oh.
King Aerys' eyes.
"You've got your father's eyes", you told him.
He didn't answer. He was still looking at you like a lost little boy.
You were raised with him. You were only a year younger than him and your mother was Queen Rhaella's most loyal maid. After you all had ran away from Westeros, your mother was still serving Viserys and Daenerys and she even sacrificed her life to save them. His parents were King and Queen while yours were peasants - but you were friends since childhood. Viserys and you were friends in the Red Keep, in all the cities of Essos and now in The Dothraki Horde. You helped him to take care of his sister and to remember that the Iron Throne was his only goal - the goal worth sacrificing everything.
"Join me", he said and you couldn't believe your ears.
"Viserys, no"
"It's going to happen sooner or later", he grabbed your wrist, "I want it to happen before I am all mad"
You had a crush on him since you could remember. You never dared to show any sign of it, though. He was your King. You were there to serve him. But this was just another way of serving, right? You took your clothes off as he watched and you joined him in the tub.
"You're beautiful, (y/n)", he said softly and you smiled shyly, "Come closer"
Your legs interwined with his as you sat right in front of him. Despite your naked breasts he couldn't stop staring into your (e/c) eyes.
"You're so beautiful I could kill you", whispered Viserys. His warm breath mixed with yours as you looked at him confused, "I love your face when you're afraid", he touched your face gently.
"What are you talking about?", you asked.
"I could drown you here. Or choke you to death. One part of me is thinking about the fire I feel towards you and the other one is thinking about the blood", he licked his lips.
"I'm not afraid of you. I know you too well", you smiled a little and touched his face as well, "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure"
"Why didn't you sell me already? You sold your own sister"
"Daenerys is a Princess. She was worth the army. A servant is worth only few coins that wouldn't make any difference"
"I understand", you looked down, "You know, we're all mad here", you looked up again and touched your own temple.
"Why do you think so?", he asked.
"We just are. We should accept that. I don't know if you're mad, Viserys, honestly. But even if you are... You can use it as a weapon", you hugged him, but not like a friend. You placed your head on his chest as your hands caressed his back. You've been wanting to do it since forever and now you could. The situation was very intimate and you decided to take as much as he would be willing to give.
"If I go mad... If I go as mad as my father...", his hands caressed your face, "Will you be there for me? Will you be there to remind me?"
"That will be your Queen's duty", you smiled sadly.
"Yes, I know. That's why I asked"
"I can't be your Queen", you said, "You perfectly know why"
"Who else?", he snorted, "Baratheon Lady? Lannister Lady? Stark Lady? They're all traitors. I'm going to burn them all. The loyal ones will be rewarded. What can stop me from marrying you?", he asked and then kissed you.
You kissed him back, of course. That's all you ever wanted and his sweet promises made you swoon, even if they actually didn't mean anything. But you were pretty sure that he was indeed mad. You opened your legs a little more so it was easier for him to slide into you.
You decided to follow him through his madness. It may lead you to the Iron Throne and it may lead you to death but at least you're going to walk side by side with Viserys.