| Three |

| Three |

Enirr:

Her scent. Why would it cling to such a disgusting human shelter? It would seem the human woman grew more and more interesting. The soft smell of peaches was almost unnoticeable through the stench of oil and sweat.

"Excuse me sir."

My head tilted towards the old human. He wore grey clothing stained with spots of black. The old human did not have any peach scent on him and so I continued to drag my gaze around the place. Who had her scent?

"I wish to have my car fixed," I state simply waving my hand towards the black Beetle.

Naturally, I often had to venture to the human surface for wandering souls. It was a hassle, and often took a lengthy amount of time. And so, I had decided to abide by the human world hassles. Obtaining what was called a 'Funeral Home and morgue' I also bought a large land transformed into a graveyard.

It certainly made my job easier to find wandering souls.

"Of course – my name is Donald Mayor but everyone just calls me Donny. We can get your Beetle up and running in no time, do you know what's wrong with the beauty?" the old human asked.

How pathetic, humans and their attachments with material objects.

"I do not know Mr. Mayor," I lied easily.

Causing the car trouble was an easy task. With the flick of my wrist the engine was easily destroyed. I did not even have to summon my scythe. It would seem the toys made by humans were just as breakable as them.

The human waved his hands around, "No problem, we will figure it out – please call me Donny! Normally we take an upfront deposit of fifty dollars and the rest once you pick your car up. Did you want to settle that at the office with us today?"

I sighed growing annoyed with all the time I was wasting. Clearly the human was not here and so I had better tasks than this meddling. Shoving a measly hundred dollar bills into the old human's hand I turned on my heels.

"I believe that settles our affairs for today? Good day Mr. Mayor," I replied sharply.

"Wait – I need to know your name for the paperwork," he stuttered.

I sighed, "Eric Hades. I will be back tomorrow."

"Mr. Hades," the human gasped, "I-I didn't know! Your car will have our best service I assure you. Thank you sir for your work at the Fallen Funeral Home."

I waved him off, leaving the place. It was beginning to annoy me to the point of his premature death. A warm breeze blew past me as I allowed it play with the locks of my black hair. I wondered, how it would feel if that human woman ran her fingers through them? Shoving those blasted thoughts away, I focused on my walk back to the cemetery. I wished to not be around anymore living souls.

Along my walk, some useless human dare bump my shoulder. I turned, my eyes locking onto the filthy creature as the human man turned. The smell of alcohol was like a cloud around the man and I recoiled in disgust. The question as to why humans enjoyed giving away their already weak senses was not one I could answer.

"Hey," he slurred, his eyes unfocused, "watch where you're going."

My eyes narrowed as I looked past his physical form and towards his soul. It was almost in tatters, barely clinging onto his body. This man would die soon, and by his own favored habit. I sighed, and continued my walk. My hand brushing against my silk jacket. As if that would get rid of the phantom hand print of that human.

As soon as I found that human woman, I would return to my Abyss and properly wash such filth off my body. Wandering souls on the surface would have to wait. At least I venture to the surface to fish for them. I would rather stay in my Abyss but Sir Lucifer insisted this was a task I must do. It would seem since he began to reside on the surface many years ago, he had grown soft towards those humans.

Not that I would ever dare question Sir Lucifer's judgement however.

Upon my arrival back at the Fallen Funeral Home, I was greeted by two humans and the soul of a third. The two humans both dressed in black – as if that was a true respect to the lost soul. As if that soul would care about their choice of colour.

"H-Hello," the human female said quickly, her voice cracking.

I sighed waving the two through the wooden doors of my place, "For all enquiries please discuss with my secretary Akjan."

Once the two entered the building I noted the wandering soul who loitered around. Drawn to me no doubt. I clicked my fingers, allowing my glory to fuel into the soul and give it a phantom, physical body. The little girl was no older than nine, with pigtails and a lovely little pink dress.

"H-Hello mister," she spoke with a soft voice, "Are you here to take me away?"

I smiled softly at the child, "I am here to help you rest little one."

She shook her head with a frown, "I can't. I-I'm scared."

"Do not fear rest. It is a peaceful, happy one," I assured the soul.

The girl looked up at me, rubbing her face, "You promise?"

I nodded, holding out my hand, "I promise."

The moment she took my hand, my glory burned around us as my wings broke free of my back. My blackened wings spread over us before she resorted back to the glowing ball of a soul. Then, with another click of my fingers her soul dispersed. Off to the Abyss where she could rest in the illusion of her own happy memories.

I sighed once she was gone then folded my wings back into my back. Once they were away, the front doors swung open. I tilted my head towards Akjan with a frown. The fallen angel smiled brightly at me. She also annoyed me. All too easily pretending to be human. Dying her hair green, scaring her dark skin with tattoos, and even cutting her wings off.

"Why did you leave those two alone?" I demanded.

She ran a hand through her green locks, "They're picking a coffin and asked for a moment alone. Did you already send the little soul off?"

"You know I did," I snapped, "Why did you come out?"

"Enirr you're so grumpy," she sighed, "It is not becoming of the great guard of the abyss."

"You asked for a human job so go back to doing it. I do not pay you to waste my time with small talk. If you wish to say something meaningful then do it and be done," I replied not caring for small talk.

Her smile melted as she stared at me, "Where did you go today? I am curious."

I kept my face blank as I stared at her. Akjan was a fallen angel to be feared – I did not wish her to know about my human woman problem. Who knew what Akjan would do to the woman? Worse than killing her, that was sure.

"My car broke so I went to get a human to fix it. Do not over calculate your curiosity or you will find yourself in the same position as Cronas."

She giggled, "Whatever you say Enirr, whatever you say."