| Twelve |

Sorry for the tad late update, remember to comment - vote and follow me for more fun stuff! I hope everyone's having a good morning!

| Twelve |

Enirr:

The moment she fell asleep I fled my position on the bed. Many, many irking thoughts swam through the depths of my brain. Mainly, my astonishment of my own behavior. Once those blasted words of self-loathing left her lips I instinctively sought to make her feel better. I had wished to comfort the human woman. This was beyond attempting to fix the cycle now, I had really grown a fondness to her.

I had grown pathetic.

Even falling into the trap of communing our lips. Kissing. I had kissed her, of course I hadn't initiated the act but I most definitely took part. I was just as in the wrong. Like Adam to Eve, I had fallen for the allure of a woman, and now I was poisoned.

Poisoned.

I paced the lobby of my establishment panicked. There was no seeing this going well, not at all. This had to be dealt with as soon as possible yet I did not know where I was supposed to start. I needed guidance...I needed Lucifer.

"You're up early," Akjan purred jolting me from my thoughts.

However, this time I was pleased to see the fallen, "Do not break my word, I am putting trust in you. Salem lays upstairs, tend to her and keep her out of trouble. If even a hair on her head is skewed I will send you to the darkest depth of the Abyss."

"Trouble is rising then? I understand," she hummed seriously, her eyes blazing.

I did not respond, afraid of what her reaction would be if she knew there was no trouble but the feeling of my heart coming to life. Instead, I pushed myself outside and spread my wings – taking flight into the rising dawn sky.

Lucifer and his angel blood resided in the thick of a forest on an island protected by human eyes. Because of this, one could not simply appear there, but fly in through a path made in the clouds. I did not mind, it gave my mind more time to process what was going on. What was wrong with me – surly it was because I fell among the other six. That had to be it.

Yet Akjan did not possess such emotions and she never world.

A growl of displeasure left my lips as my beating wings dove through the thicket of the clouds. Very soon, the tops of the trees became visible enough to start my descend. As I slowed, one of my wings caught in a tree, flinging my body forward. Grunting, my feet his the ground hard, making me drop to one knee.

I hated flying. I hated it with a fiery passion. This is why I always clicked myself places, flying was foolish and dangerous. Not to mention I could have easily ripped a wing then what? They would be ugly and deformed.

Not a risk I would take lightly.

"Grey look," chirped a light, happy voice, "Enirr still cannot fly."

My heart sped up as I looked towards my mentor. Lucifer. I hid my relieved smile then stood. Nodding at the fallen angel as I took in his appearance. It had been a while since I had last gazed upon him, and he hadn't seemed to have changed at all. His long black hair fanned around him like chaos in a storm, and his golden eyes were alive with a mischievous glint. He wore a pair of loose sweat pants with bare feet and no shirt. Behind his back, I could see the distortion of the remains of his mangled wings.

Those wings that he had sacrificed for me.

"It's good to see you once again Enirr," the soft voice belonged to Grey.

I tilted my head towards the woman who was more than human but less than angel. She was a mixed breed who had given birth to the previous king of Hell. Now, Lucifer's grandchildren ran Hell free of any angels.

"Lucifer, Lady Grey," I greeted, "I came here of upmost importance. If you would spare me your time, that would be greatly appreciated."

"Only if you stop calling me that name," Lucifer giggled, "It's Saanti now. Sss-An-Ti, let's say it altogether now. Sannti! Saanti!"

I blinked at his childish display of throwing his hands up like a human cheerleader. He stopped once Grey placed a hand on his shoulder. Before, I had always disliked Grey, not understanding why an angel as strong as Lucifer would throw everything away for her. A human who wasn't even a half angel.

He even dare threaten his life to impregnate the woman. Such a feat would have killed any other angel but not him. I would never allow Lucifer to be locked away in the Abyss. I needed him alive, I needed my mentor's life preserved for when I needed him.

"Would you like to discuss inside? I've made some jasmine tea with peach shavings," Grey asked kindly.

I paused, tilting my head ever so slightly. Jasmine and peach shavings – the only tea I preferred. However it was an odd combination and thus, a rare tea. Suspicious this would be their brew especially considering Lucifer did not care for Jasmine.

"Akjan talked to you," I realized, "But how? She have not left the grounds of the cemetery."

Lucifer giggled, "She texted me of course."

Narrowing my eyes I grumbled, "It would seem I will get no help here."

"Don't be so grumpy," Lucifer whined, grabbing my wrist to keep me from leaving, "I am ecstatic you have finally decided your own destiny and not a ghost of the Almighty. The woman – she continues to die out of cycle yes?"

I nodded.

"This is disturbing and if it does not continue her soul will be destroyed."

It felt as if he had punched me in the chest, I stumbled back slightly at his words. My eyes widening as a sense of panic washed over me. Salem would be gone and forever? No resurrection, no recycle of the souls. Gone.

No one deserved such a fate, most definitely not that woman.

"What do I do?" I demanded.

He shrugged, his golden eyes growing serious. This was the Lucifer I knew, the angel of justice. This was the angel I was happy to call my elder brother. He ran a hand through his hair and looked over towards his Grey.

"Why don't you pour us same tea inside?" he asked dismissing her.

She nodded, knowing we needed a moment then left.

Once she did, Lucifer turned to me, "It this is out of cycle then this being needs to be dealt with. I suggest you keep you woman close to you, watch and wait. Whoever is throwing her soul into the Abyss will need to be close to do so. Have you seen Myserien lately?"

"You think she did this?" I was surprised by Lucifer's accusing remark.

He shrugged, "out of all that had fell, she is one of the most cunning and disgraceful. At least Cronas fell for love, that woman fell because she wished to play with humans. It would not surprise me if this was her doing."

"I will look into it."

With that, I spread my wings, a fury coming over me. If Myserien was truly this stupid, then she would die. I would turn her corrupt soul into ash. There would be no cycle for her, only wrath. As I turned with my face towards the sky, Lucifer's hand grabbed my arm.

"Do not act rash, you're not one who can be replaced easily," he warned.

I nodded, then spreading my wings then taking off into the sky.