| Seventeen |

| Seventeen |

Enirr:

"If you don't come she might get drunk or drugged and get lost in the world," Akjan whispered in my ear, "Your Salem might get hurt and what would I be able to do? I'm a wingless chicken in a world of hawks. Who will look after your little human if not you?"

Her words continued to plague my mind and they irked me. Greatly. I did not like to think of anything happening to Salem while I existed. If she was sent to the abyss while so close to me it would be unforgivable. And...

And I did not wish for her to be hurt.

"Hey," Akjan said stepping into my office.

My eyes narrowed, "For the last time do not come into my office like it is your own."

A head peaked out from behind Akjan's and instantly my annoyance faded. Those brown orbs flecked with gold peered at me nervously and I cursed myself for speaking so rash. Akjan waved off my words and stepped aside so I could feast my eyes on Salem's full vision.

And a vision she was. She had been dressed (by Akjan I'm sure) in a white top that cling to her chest, and a white leather skirt that fit so wonderfully it looked as if it was holy silver itself. I swallowed the lump in my throat and pushed down my lust.

"You look nice Salem," I mumbled softly.

She smiled slightly, "Thank you, you also look nice but I'm sure you always do."

My eyes widened and I stared down at my attire. Confused. I wore black jeans, and a black t-shirt. Akjan had said this is human 'casual attire' but now I was not sure. Such casualness would not call for looking nice.

"Alrighty! Let's go get drunk!" Akjan cheered handing Salem a pair of diamond shoes with heels so large I had first thought they were weapons.

"Are those real?" Salem gasped; her eyes widened.

Akjan rolled her eyes, "Who cares? Put them on. I'll drive on the way there and Eric can drive on the way back. Come on, come on, come on. I want to go."

Salem laughed brightly, the noise filling me with peace. However, that quickly faded as I lay my eyes on Akjan. Then I knew this night would feel eons long – if not longer. I sighed as the two left my office and I followed – closing the door behind me.

"What would Lucifer do?" I mumbled lowly.

He would have locked his lover away. Although, she would have probably enjoyed that. His lover was docile and unfortunately I don't believe Salem would be the same. It didn't bother me as much as I would have thought. I-I enjoyed her fire.

"Eric get your ass in gear!" Akjan hollered from downstairs.

My eyes rolled once more, tonight would be a long one.

Akjan drove like she was running from the entirety of the Almighty. Had I not been a superior being I would have been clinging to my seat. Like Salem was doing at this very moment...

"Slow down!" I barked worried for the condition of Salem's heart.

Akjan rolled her eyes, a grin on her face, "No need. We're here."

I dragged my gaze from the back of Akjan's head to the window. She had parked the car – my car – in front of her very own club. It was a rather popular club with two floors and too many drunken mortals for my liking. When she had first came here, her and Myserien founded this place for their own amusement.

Back then, it was an inn for many years, then a tavern – followed by a bar, eventually an erotic dancing place and finally a club. However, Myserien had long left this place and eventually Akjan left the side of Myserien for a new taste of pleasure.

"Whoa," Salem squeaked her eyes widening, "I-I don't think they'll let us in here."

Akjan giggled, brushing her hair over her shoulder, "Don't worry. I know the owner."

"Wow Akjan, you're amazing!" Salem laughed.

"I know, I know."

"Enough," I growled almost annoyed that she paid me no compliments, "Let us venture inside now little one."

I stepped out, then opened Salem's car door, enjoying the bright smile on her face, "You know by law you're allowed one beer to drive – are you sure you won't drink with us?"

I hesitated not wanting to foul her mood, "I dislike the taste of alcohol."

"Fair enough," she hummed, her hazel eyes bright and happy, "I'm just glad you came."

"You are?" her words surprised me.

A blush filled her cheeks and she hurried to get in the long line of awaiting people, "We should hurry if we want to get in before it's closing time."

"You never open my door for me," Akjan giggled in my ear, wrapping an arm around my own.

I frowned shaking the fallen angel off, "You do not deserve such kindness."

"Mean," she pouted then looked towards Salem, "Sally that's not our way in."

Salem looked back at Akjan with lost eyes, "It's not?"

"Nope," she purred popping her 'P' and grinning, "We are going through the VIP entrance of course."

"Wow!" Salem gushed, "You really are amazing!"

It was that moment I decided I would do whatever it took to protect that smile of hers. I would protect Salem until the end of her days and then even after that. It now filled me with pride now that I knew exactly how Lucifer and Cronas felt.

I knew the reason we fell, and I know that feeling. This feeling, and this feeling was perhaps even worth it.

"Enirr are you coming?" Salem chirped from where her and Akjan stood at the front of the lengthy line.

I nodded, my lips twitching into a small smile, "I am little one, do not worry."

And with such words, I followed after the two.