| Twenty Five |

| Twenty Five |

Salem:

"Enirr," I breathed, my fingers running over those beautiful feathers.

He smiled, his arms wrapping around me, "Salem, you're more magnificat than the sky itself."

I giggled as he twirled me, "What are you?"

He paused, his eyes twinkling and his mouth opening, "Wake up."

I frowned, "W-What?"

"Sally wake up."

"Sally," Akjan's voice cooed, "Sally wake up."

I rolled over, rubbing my eyes. Opening them, I noticed Akjan wearing a strange set of...armor? I eyed the woman carefully – or rather the knife she twirled through her knuckles. She perched on the edge of the bed and the whole ordeal made me nervous.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked bluntly.

She giggled, "No, of course not."

That made me relax.

Slightly.

"But you are going need to wake up and come with me," she sighed as if the thought hassled her, "Because if you don't, Enirr may be in danger."

I sat up quickly at that, "W-What?"

"As I'm sure you know, we are angels. Angels that had been kicked out of our home," she informed me, "And right now one of us that fell is trying to kill you. Mainly because she has a crush on Enirr. Anyways, I fear Myserien will use his weakness for you against him."

The room around me was spinning as I took in all this information. I felt as if my life had been thrusted into a terrible turmoil. I was right, Enirr and even Akjan were the same as that monster. And yet, I wasn't afraid of them. It didn't change how attached I had grown. Akjan was my friend and Enirr...I-I liked him. My heart wanted to be with him no matter what.

I wanted to save him.

My eyes dragged up to Akjan as my fists balled, "What do I need to do?"

She smiled, "First, you need to die."

Pain spread out in my chest as I looked down. She had buried the knife deep within my body – past my ribs and straight into my heart. Hot tears dripped down my face as my mouth dropped open. No words came out, only a wet gasp of death.

The unconscious was cold against my burning skin.

***

My consciousness rushed back to me like a train. A gasp of life filled me as I struggled to wonder what the fuck had happened. Akjan killed me...hadn't she? And yet I could think and feel. A soft breeze blew over me further proving that I wasn't dead.

I peeled my eyes open slowly to darkness. Rubbing my eyes slightly, I sat up realizing I was in something soft. Slowly my eyes adjusted enough to look around. It would seem I was in a room, on a large canopy style bed. Beside the bed was a small table with some sort of lamp.

Reaching over, I felt around until I found a knob. Turning it the lamp grew alit. Now I could clearly see the black room. It was simple, with only a bed and the table. However, on the wall a beautiful painting in gold was on display.

It told the story of seven angels falling from the sky: one with mismatched eyes, one with terrible warped wings, one whose wings wrapped around them as they fell, one missing wings, one with wings on fire, one holding a scythe, and finally one ugly and melted.

"Myserien," I whispered in realization.

This was the painting of their fall.

A knock on the door distracted me and I moved with caution to answer it. I raised the lamp over my head ready to swing it then opened the door. It wasn't Akjan like I thought but instead a tall, pale woman with bright grey eyes and black hair as long as the floor. She wore a long black gown with white roses sewn in.

Her eyes flickered to the lamp and she smiled, "Are you planning on using that on me?"

I lowered the lamp and frowned, "Where am I? Who are you? Are you a fallen angel too?"

"So many questions," she chuckled, "Let us talk over some tea."

"Do you have coffee?" I asked not wanting any tea after what Myserien had done.

Her eyes twinkled, "I think I can find some."

So like a fool, I followed the stranger out of the bedroom and down the hall. It reminded me of a haunted castle, the atmosphere was so terribly gloomy. She led me down a grand staircase made of stone and into a large dining area. We sat at one end of the empty table and she snapped her fingers.

Instantly the room lit up brightly, and a small display of sweets laid out upon the table joined by tea and coffee. I could feel my eyes widening at such a sight and my brain tried to figure out which one of the seven this woman was. She handed me a small cup full of coffee and I sipped it gratefully.

"I'm not a fallen," she chuckled, "My name is Azul and I am a dead angel."

I dropped my cup surprised, "What?"

She handed me a napkin patiently and I struggled to wipe my mess up. She waited until I finished cleaning up my mess on the table before handing me a new cup of coffee. I eyed it before putting it on the table. I would definitely spill it again.

"This place is the castle of Enirr, the grim reaper himself. Inside the Abyss," she explained.

My heart sank, "So I am dead."

"Not quite. Akjan waited until you were on the brink of death to bring you here. So, you are not dead but you are also not quite alive. It was the only way to bring both your body and soul here."

"Does that mean you're a ghost?"

She laughed, "That means my soul rests here but my body lays in the garden at the Almighty."

The Almighty, that was where Enirr was from. I pushed past any anger I had for Akjan, and reminded myself I was doing this for Enirr. I was no longer on mortal standards and definitely not mortal morality laws. Azul had been kind so far so for now I would put my trust in her.

Except...

"Why did Akjan need to bring me here?" I questioned.

Those grey eyes twinkled, "So you could destroy Myserien once and for all."

ONLY THREE CHAPTERS LEFT! 

Remember to vote, comment and follow!