[4]

Minho's brows furrowed as he read the 7 file cases carefully. The dates of these crimes are way too close to each other. It's like after this one scene unfolds, the other goes next immediately.

Minho leaned back in his chair, thinking deeply. The gaps between these dates are between 3-6 days each. How fast can this guy take down each of these victims and clean up the tracks?

Minho studied the statements of the 3 witnesses again. All of them mentioned a man in a black mask. But there were also other particular clothings mentioned.

A red and grey jacket. The other cases didn't involve any witnesses so Minho had nothing much to compare.

But these 3 witnesses stated only one man during the scene. Which means Black Mask does his work alone.

Minho felt even more confused.

It's impossible to kill people and erase any evidence this fast without any help. Minho stared at the file cases as he was deep in thought.

He was so deep in thought that he missed the knock coming from his door. Chan, who was standing from the doorway, rolled his eyes before walking over and tapped Minho's arm.

Minho jumped, obviously not expecting a visitor at this hour.

"What are you doing here hyung?" Minho asked, breathing heavily

Chan's brows furrowed, "It's lunch time. We've been waiting for 10 minutes but you weren't answering."

Minho glanced at the clock with wide eyes. So it is lunch time.

"Sorry, I got caught up with work."

Minho stood up then he and Chan walked out of his office, Minho not forgetting to lock his office.

"Oh yeah, how's the case going? Any progress?"

"Not much. I just started a few hours ago."

The two entered the cafeteria and saw Felix waving at them.

"Hey, a little is still a progress. You can do it." Chan said as he and Minho sat down

"I already got your lunch hyung so you don't have to line up." Felix said with a bright smile, pushing the tray of food towards Minho

Minho smiled, taking the tray from Felix, "Thanks Lix."

"How's your case doing hyung?"

"Not much really. I just started studying the paperworks but at least I did something."

The three of them ate in silence, Minho thinking about the case again.

Why were the dates of the crimes too close to each other?

Does Black Mask wear a specific color on purpose or was it unintentional?

What's Black Mask's purpose for killing these people?

Was it all for fun? Or were they someone to him?

All these questions swirled around Minho's head that he didn't realize he hasn't been eating properly anymore.

"Minho, you've been chewing the same spoonful for 2 minutes now. I'm pretty sure fried rice isn't chewing gum."

Minho swallowed, feelings his cheeks turn red. Man this case is making him do stupid things now.

"Focus on eating first hyung, you should at least enjoy your meal before stressing out again."

Minho sighed and nodded, taking another bite, this time focusing on his food.

Minho sat in his office staring at his notepad as he gathered his thoughts. His notepad was now filled with new notes that he made while he was trying to formulate theories.

He planned on speaking to Seungmin after he's sure he hasn't missed anything for now.

Seungmin is one of the officers handling the computer system who also happens to be a friend of his. Not anyone can just scan through the files or cameras so some officers were assigned to take care of it.

Minho listed down a few more notes before putting his notepad in his pocket along with his pencil before walking out and locking his office.

Minho walked to the other side of the station and looked for Seungmin. After a few minutes of searching, he heard loud voices coming from the lobby. Was that Seungmin?

He walked to the lobby in a fast pace and was met with a pretty shocking (but not really) sight.

He saw Seungmin and other officers trying to hold down a... thrashing man..?

"Sir I need you to calm down." Seungmin said sternly once he was able to pin down the man to the floor, holding the man's hands behind his back

"No! You aren't doing anything, LET ME LOOK FOR MY DAUGHTER!" The man yelled, his movements becoming more violent with each passing second

"Sir you are endangering yourself, and the people here. Please calm down then we will settle this in an orderly manner."

The man only yelled even more, trying to break free from Seungmin's grip, the other officers on duty assisting Seungmin. Minho walked closer to the two and kneeled down to match the screaming man's level.

"What seems to be the problem here?" Minho asked, his gaze switching from Seungmin and the man

"These dumb officers aren't doing anything to help look for my daughter! She's been gone for a week now and they're just sitting their butt off!"

Minho glanced at Seungmin who had a blank expression on his face. They were all trained to never show any emotion to the civilians. Not anger, frustration, sadness, nothing.

Minho turned to the man again, "Sir I can assure you that our officers are doing everything they can to look for your daughter. Your case is not the only case we have, there are other things that needs to be fixed too. Other people who need saving. You throwing a fit like this will only slow down the process. Do you want your daughter saved or not?"

Minho looked at the man straight in the eyes, his voice completely serious. The man went quiet. He looked up at Minho and nodded lightly.

Minho patted Seungmin's shoulder and stood up. Seungmin slowly released the man, still cautious in case he started acting violently again.

The man slowly stood up with his head hung low, "I'm sorry. I'm just really worried for my daughter. I'll wait."

Seungmin placed a hand on Minho's shoulder, offering him a smile which Minho returned.

Minho felt his heart ache as he watched the man sit back down but Minho quickly regained his composure. This was the hardest part about his job. He hated seeing these people so scared for their loved one's life. Always worrying for their well-being.

Minho can see himself in their shoes which hurts him even more. Sometimes he wishes he'll able to help them in one snap of his fingers.