[11]

Minho felt his whole world crumble down.

Why the hell is Jisung here?

What is his business with this struggling man?

But more importantly, is he Black Mask?

"Jisung hyung..." Seungmin said dejectedly

Jisung kept his gaze at Minho, "Minho please I can explain."

Jisung took a step forward but Minho took a step backward, his face showing signs of utter betrayal.

Jisung felt his heart ache.

"I'll take it from here."

Minho didn't realize the chief was there. Either way, he didn't care. All he could think about was how everything seemed like a lie to him now.

He didn't move from his place even as Chief Yang ordered Changbin and Hyunjin to cuff Jisung up.

The two officers hesitantly walked up to Jisung and gently handcuffed him. The whole time, Jisung was trying to explain himself. But he didn't try to fight back.

"Minho please listen to me! It's not the way it seems!"

Minho looked down as tears welled up in his eyes, but he held back his tears. Did his own boyfriend lie to him? Did his own boyfriend keep all this from him?

Even if he wasn't Black Mask, then what the hell was he planning to do with this tied up man?

"Hey... how are you holding up?"

Minho remained silent as Chan sat beside him in his office. They just got back to the station. Chan only found out because he was in the lobby when they came back.

Minho didn't even spare him a glance, immediately walking to his office with his eyes glued to the floor. So Seungmin was left to explain everything to Chan.

Chan placed a hand on Minho's thigh, squeezing it encouragingly.

"Let it out now or you'll break down in the interrogation room."

With just that, Minho broke into sobs, Chan pulling the younger to his chest, hugging him tightly.

"I f-feel so betrayed hyung. Why him? Why my J-Jisung??!"

Chan didn't say anything and continued rubbing circles on Minho's back. Truthfully, Chan didn't have a good explanation either. He doesn't know how to make this situation positive.

Minho was broken. He didn't want to accept the fact that his boyfriend could be a potential criminal. Him being a detective makes things even harder for him.

He didn't want to see him get locked behind bars. He didn't want to see him suffer inside those cells. He didn't want to see the love of his life go through all that.

"You ready?"

Minho stared at the door for a few more seconds before taking a deep breath, "Not really."

Chief Yang patted his back, "You don't have to do this you know. I can ask another-"

"No. I want to hear his side in person."

The chief glanced at Minho with a worried look. Everyone who knew Minho knew who Jisung was. Minho is a proud boyfriend.

Jisung sometimes drops by the station to give Minho some food or to just see him. Anyone can see that they really did love each other.

Chief Yang sighed, "Okay."

Minho took another deep breath. 'Get a hold of yourself Lee Minho. You can do this.'

"Han Jisung."

It took all of Minho's might to stop his voice from cracking. Thankfully it didn't.

Jisung slowly looked up at Minho with his eyes all red and teary. He sat with his hands on his lap, making him look extremely tiny.

If Minho didn't just see Jisung almost commit a crime, he would've ran to Jisung and snuggled him up. But no.

"I'll be asking you a series of questions and I need you to answer them thruthfully. Is that understood?"

Minho's tone and stare was cold. Outside, he looked like he has everything under control. But deep inside, he's dying. He wants to scream and let all his anger and tears out.

Minho saw Jisung staring at the glass behind him before looking back down, "Y-Yes sir.."

Minho stared at him for a few seconds, taking in the way Jisung was practically shaking in front of him.

Minho wanted to comfort him and tell him it'll all be okay.. but he couldn't.

"Are you responsible for killing these 3 victims?"

Minho placed 3 pictures in front of Jisung, waiting for him to say no.

But he never did.

Jisung hesitantly nodded.

Minho's breath hitched. Deep inside him, he wished this was all a misunderstanding and that Black Mask was in no way related to him.

"Han Jisung... a-are you Black Mask?"

Minho's voice shook as his eyes welled up with tears.

This can't be.

Jisung bit his lip and spoke with a hushed tone, "I am."

With those two words, Minho lost it.

A sob left Minho's mouth, "I trusted you!"

Jisung sobbed as Minho slammed his hands against the table. Seungmin and Chan ran inside, grabbing a hold of Minho's arms to stop him from doing anything impulsive.

"I even opened up to you how difficult this was for me, and this whole time it was YOU! How can you hide this from me! TELL ME HAN JISUNG!"

Jisung couldn't say anything. He just cried and cried as he took in Minho's words.

Somehow, he expected this. Secrets are bound to come out anyway. Why wouldn't this one be?

"Minho, i-it's not what it seems-"

"Bullshit!" Minho yelled, trying to break free from his friends' grasp

Jisung could only cry harder.

"You already killed 3 people! You were about to kill another one and now you're saying IT'S NOT WHAT IT SEEMS!"

"Minho calm down please." Chan whispered in Minho's ear

Minho didn't listen and tried to get free. He wanted to punch Jisung. For betraying him like this. Just once. He still loved the younger despite the lies.

"Bring Jisung back to his cell."

Changbin and Hyunjin held Jisung's shoulders, escorting him out of the interrogation room.

"Please listen to me! It's not what it looks like!" Jisung said, trying to reason with them

It hurt Changbin and Hyunjin to hear their friend plead like this, but they had to. The 2 didn't say anything and brought Jisung out.

Minho broke down as soon as Jisung left. He felt his knees give up on him, so he did. He let himself fall to the floor but Chan was there to catch him.

He sobbed into Chan's chest, gripping his shirt tightly. Minho already knew that Jisung being Black Mask has a high chance. But that being confirmed hurt like hell.

It hurts a lot when your assumptions are confirmed.

Chan held Minho tightly, letting him cry into his chest. Seungmin rubbed Minho's back comfortingly.

They too felt hurt about the situation. They all wanted to turn back time.

But that's not how life works.