[14]

Felix looked at the 3 people pacing in front of him with a deadpan expression. Changbin, Hyunjin, and Chan have been pacing back and forth ever since they arrived and it was starting to get on Felix's nerves.

"If you three don't sit down in 2 seconds, I will personally kick you out of this hospital."

As soon as those words left Felix's mouth, the three immediately sat down. Have you ever been kicked by Felix? If not, don't wish for it.

"I don't get it, what is taking so long??" Hyunjin asked anxiously

"You're acting like this is the first time you waited for medical results." Changbin said with a poker face

Hyunjin glared at the older, "Sorry if I'm too worried."

Chan sighed, "Let's just relax a little. Nothing good will happen if all of us are anxious."

Hyunjin looked up and saw Minho walking towards them, "Minho hyung!"

Chan stood up and ran to Minho, "How's Jisung??"

"So much for not being anxious." Felix mumbled

Minho smiled sadly at the 4, "He's fine. He uh.. hasn't woken up yet. The doctor said it might take a few more hours."

The 4 sighed in relief, "As long as Sung is okay, I'm good." Changbin said

Minho went and sat on the cold waiting room chair, unaware of the others' stare.

"Hyung?.. You okay?" Hyunjin asked, sitting next to Minho with Felix sitting on the other side

Minho bit his lip, "I still don't have a proper explanation of the whole thing. Chief Yang called and said that Youngho was spitting out bullshit."

"What is he saying?" Chan asked, standing in front of Minho with Changbin beside him

Minho sighed, "He said Jisung is a part of the gang and he wanted to take over. So he tried to hurt Youngho."

Changbin's brows furrowed, "But it's not possible for Jisung to be in a gang. He's working full-time as a journalist, he won't have time for that."

"Don't underestimate gangs hyung. Some are store managers yet they're part of gangs." Felix said

"That's true."

"Jisung mentioned earlier that he was tricked into signing a contract."

"What contract?"

"It was over a month ago.. said it was a job promotion.. Jisung said earlier that it wasn't.."

Minho buried his face in hands. He doesn't know what to believe now. In a span of a week, his trust was broken serval times already.

"Officer Lee."

Minho looked up and immediately stood up when he realized it was Chief Yang walking towards him.

"We need to talk."

Jisung opened his eyes, squinting as he tried to adjust to the bright lighting of wherever he is. He blinked repeatedly, trying to get his eyes to cooperate. Jisung realized he was in a hospital room. And there was a doctor standing beside him.

"How are you feeling Mr. Han?" The doctor asked, handing Jisung a glass of water

Jisung took the cup with weak hands and drank the whole glass, "I'm feeling fine, thank you."

"I'm Dr. Park Jihyo. You seem to be in a better condition, you just need to stay here for a few more days to let your wound heal. If you feel discomfort or any type of pain, don't hesitate to tell me or a nurse okay?"

Jisung smiled at her, "I will, thank you so much."

Dr. Park was about to leave when Jisung heard her speak up again, "By the way, you might wanna wake him up. He's been sleeping like that for an hour, pretty sure his neck is screaming for him to fix his posture."

Jisung turned beside him and saw Minho sleeping on the chair in an uncomfortable position. He's been sleeping like that for an hour now?

Jisung smiled, "I'll wake him up, thank you."

With a last smile, Dr. Park left the room. Jisung turned to Minho and took in his features. The older's brows were furrowed even as he sleeps. Jisung felt guilty. Minho probably hated him a lot by now.

Jisung reached out and tugged at Minho's arm, "Hyung, wake up. Your neck will hurt."

Minho stirred and slowly blinked his eyes open. He stared at Jisung for a few seconds before realizing the situation.

"Wait you're awake- ow!" Minho winced as he held his neck

Jisung nodded, "Yeah."

Minho pulled a poker face at Jisung, "How's your.. stomach?"

Jisung looked down, "It's okay."

He's right. Minho does hate him.

"Jisung-ah.."

Jisung looked up at Minho, "What really happened?"

Jisung stared into Minho's eyes, taking in the fear and sadness that could be seen in Minho's eyes.

"I was tricked into signing a contract for a job promotion. Turns out it was for a gang. They took interest in me, and I don't even know why. It took a few days before I found out what it was really for but it was too late for me to take it back. They said if I tried to leave... they'd hurt you.."

"I never killed anyone. The reason I took Youngho in that building is because I wanted to terminate the stupid contract before calling you to lock him up. But you got there before I could even work on it."

"Since Youngho got away, he was able to alert the rest of his gang. Officer Yoon is one of them. That's why I couldn't confess in the interrogation room.. because he could kill you on the spot."

"That was my punishment for breaking the contract and trying to hurt Youngho. They'll kill you.."

"Youngho is the real killer Minho... he is Black Mask.."

Tears started streaming down Jisung's face. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was scared."

Minho felt relieved and shocked all at the same time. His Jisung was innocent. He never killed anyone.

Minho leaned over and wiped away Jisung's tears, but Jisung only cried harder.

After a few minutes, a knock was suddenly heard making the two turn to the door.

"Han Jisung, may I speak with you?"

"Chief Yang.."