[7]

Minho's eyes widened. His gaze snapped towards the man being held down by Changbin and Hyunjin.

This is Black Mask???

The man was obviously glaring at him, drilling metaphorical holes to his head. Minho noticed the black mask on his face along with casual clothes.

'Colored clothes...'

"Take him inside." Seungmin ordered

Minho looked down, in deep thought. During his last crime, he was wearing all black. Now he was wearing colored clothes.

'So it is a pattern...'

"Detective Lee, are you going to interrogate him now or later?"

Minho turned to Seungmin with a sharp gaze, "Now."

"Now let's see who's behind this mask."

Minho stood in front of the guy as the guy sat behind the metal desk. Minho leaned forward, reaching for the man's mask. But he dodged Minho's hand, leaning to the side so Minho won't be able to take his mask off.

Minho smirked, "You underestimate me."

Minho held him in place before yanking off the mask from his face. The man tried to argue again at first but since he was handcuffed, he really couldn't do much.

Minho stared at the guy in front of him, his face completely blank. He examined him from head to toe but...

'Something doesn't feel right..'

Minho shook his head to get his brain back on track. Minho placed his notepad on the desk before sitting down, intertwining his fingers together and letting it rest on the desk.

"Name?"

The guy didn't say anything and only glared at Minho. Minho sighed then asked again.

"I asked for your name."

The guy scoffed, "And I never asked you to state the obvious."

Minho smirked, "Don't act cocky, you don't have the upperhand. I do. I'll ask you again... name?"

The guy glared at Minho again before speaking, "Park Jinyoung."

Minho wrote it down on his notepad before turning to him again, "I need you to answer my questions truthfully without leaving any details behind. Can you do that?"

Jinyoung raised a brow, "Do you really think I'll open myself up to you and get myself in even more trouble? You're stupid if you think so."

Minho put down his pencil, "I need you to tell me everything Park, or you might get filed with a false case. And I don't think you want that."

Jinyoung glared at Minho, "Are you blackmailing me?"

"I'm stating the obvious Park." Minho playfully winked at Jinyoung just to irritate the other

Jinyoung became silent, avoiding Minho's gaze. Minho took this as a sign to continue.

"Are you responsible for the death of 7 people?"

Jinyoung looked up, his face showing no expression as he shook his head.

Minho's brows furrowed, "Your victims.. do you know who they are?"

Jinyoung smirked, "I don't kill just anyone detective. I know who my victims are."

"How many people did you kill?"

Jinyoung thought for a while, "4."

Minho's gaze hardened, "I need you to be honest with me-"

"And I am." Jinyung said, cutting him off

Minho took a deep breath. Why is this dude even lying when he's already caught?

"Were you responsible for CEO Kim Minseok's death?"

Jinyoung shook his head, "Are you telling the truth?"

Jinyoung nodded, "Then where were you on the 5th of April?"

"Home."

"Was anyone with you at that time?"

Jinyoung shook his head again.

Minho stared at him for a few seconds, "Were you responsible for Ha Minhee's death?"

Jinyoung smirked, "Yeah."

Minho's brows furrowed, "Did you drag her around the park before stabbing her twice?"

"Hell yeah I did."

Minho was dead confused at this point. Jinyoung's answers doesn't match all of the clues. What's going on?

"How did you even find this guy?"

Minho, Seungmin, Changbin, and Hyunjin were now in Minho's office, discussing the happenings from earlier.

"Changbin hyung and I were waiting for Seungmin to finish withdrawing money from the bank when we saw someone get dragged in an alleyway. We decided to follow them and there he was, about to stab a student." Hyunjin explained, taking a sip from his water bottle

"Hyunjin and I immediately tackled him. Seungmin came, then he realized it was Black Mask that we captured."

Minho silently listened to his friends as they gave him updates about what happened.

"How do you know it really is him?"

During the interrogation earlier, Minho isn't sure whether Jinyoung was honest with him or not. He admitted killing some of the victims but for the others, he didn't.

He doesn't know who to believe now. Jinyoung, or the clues sitting in front of him.

Seungmin turned to Minho, "We almost caught him before but he runs really fast. I know it's him. Judging by the aura and his figure, I can tell it's him."

Minho turned to Seungmin suddenly, his eyes wide as he came to a realization.

Figure...

The body figure!! How did Minho not notice that??

Minho ran to his desk and opened his laptop, leaving the 3 officers shocked and confused as hell.

"Dude you scared me!"

"Hyung the hell is wrong with you?"

"Yeah, why would you suddenly run like that??"

Minho didn't say anything and just focused on typing his passcode since he already typed it incorrectly 3 times due to his anxious hands.

Minho honestly felt like smacking himself. Why didn't he think of that before?

If the schemes and actions change for every case, then it must mean one thing.

Black Mask isn't just one person...

This isn't a pattern at all. Black Mask never did it intentionally. It only happened because they were two people.

Two people that they thought were one.

Well metaphorically they are.

Minho skimmed through all of the recordings, taking note of the body proportions for each recording by the date and time of the crime.

The 3 officers stood up and walked closer to Minho, wondering what's got him so worked up.

They didn't say anything. They just stood there and waited for Minho to finish so he can tell them what's going on.

Minho looked up and saw them staring at him with curious and worried eyes.

"So...?"

"Black Mask isn't just one person..."

"What??"

"Wait what did you say?"

"Hyung what are you talking about?"

"Jinyoung... he doesn't work alone.. he has a partner.."