[10]

"Wait, what do you mean we caught the wrong guy??"

Seungmin, Hyunjin, and Changbin were all in Minho's office. Seungmin leaned against his desk with crossed arms, Hyunjin sat on the couch, while Changbin remained standing beside the couch.

They were all pretty shocked when they heard they apparently 'caught the wrong guy'.

Minho paced around the room, "I can't believe I didn't realize this before! It was right there!"

"Okay hyung, mind sharing? Because if not, then why call us over." Hyunjin deadpanned

Minho turned to them, "You guys caught the wrong guy! Jinyoung isn't Black Mask!"

The 3 looked at him, bewildered, "What?? Dude he already admitted killing 4 of those victims, how can he not be Black Mask??" Hyunjin asked, standing up

"Yeah he could be denying the fact that he killed the other 3." Changbin stated

"Why bother denying the rest when you already admitted half of it?" Minho said

Minho walked over to his desk and grabbed the 4 cases Jinyoung admitted being responsible for before placing them on his coffee table.

"And he did. He killed these four.." Minho trailed off

Minho placed the other 3 file cases on the coffee table, "But not these 3."

The 3 officers' eyes went wide at Minho's statement.

"Jinyoung has been a crimimal here for 3 months already. Black Mask has only been active since last month."

Changbin looked up at Minho, "What are you trying to say?"

"The cases were mislinked."

"Wait what?!"

"Hyung cases here have never been mislinked before." Hyunjin said, bewildered

"Until now." Minho pointed out

"No offense hyung, but how can you be so sure about this? Last time you were wrong about Jinyoung having a partner." Seungmin said, placing the file case he was previously holding back on the table

"Think about it. The tactics, the choices of clothing, the aftermath, the body proportions, they all keep changing. And there's only two explanations. Either he has a partner, or it's a completely different person."

The 3 was silent as they tried comprehensing the words that came out of Minho's mouth.

"And considering the fact that Jinyoung knows nothing about the 3 other cases means he didn't really kill them or he wasn't a part of it. Lying is also out of the picture. But he did kill these other 4 according to the evidences and his statements."

Minho picked up the 4 cases that were mislinked to Black Mask, "These 4 belong to the 'Operation: Seoul Slayer' case. And their suspect is Park Jinyoung."

The 3 were silent. They couldn't believe it. The cases were mislinked the whole time. No wonder they had a hard time finding the suspect.

"The only thing I need to do now is to actually find Black Mask. I'll drop by the car rental place tomorrow and see what I can get."