two • spider-man

Being Spider-Man was both a thrill and an exhausting experience for Miles. There was never a time when his heart didn't skip a few beats when he leaped off of a building or ran on top of a moving truck. It gave him the adrenaline rush of a lifetime that would never lessen as his days as Spider-Man went by. He lived for the adrenaline, it made him feel alive.

There were some moments where he wished he wasn't Spider-Man. That he was just still the same Miles Morales that he's always been. Being a normal human being was something he couldn't get back but he wouldn't give up his role for anything. It came with consequences and sacrifices. Some sacrifices were worse than others. He was grateful for being able to save people when they needed him or bring people to justice that's been wrecking havoc across town. Brooklyn needed someone to watch over them and that's exactly what Spider-Man did.

Miles was now at the scene of the crime. Recently there had been some problems with an unknown suspect that had been causing terror across Brooklyn. The only lead the police had on him was that he was very similar to Spider-Man. The suspect had been breaking into various stores to steal specific items and very little money. Just moments ago there was a break in at a hardware store of all places. Throughout the police chase the suspect had damaged multiple shops and a few people were injured from attacks.

The owner was shaking uncontrollably by the time Miles got there. She was crying hysterically while a cop tried to hold her to keep her on her feet. Her eyes showed she had just witnessed something terrifying.

"I-It wasn't human. There's no way! He was so tall and h-he had these claws that looked like it could rip through skin."

"Was it Spider-Man mam?" A cop asked. Miles was kinda offended that they assumed he would cause this much fear.

"N-No. I love Spider-Man, he's such an amazing person."

Miles smirked.

"This wasn't anything like Spider-Man. It looked very similar to him though. He was like the terrifying evil version of Spider-Man."

Miles got onto the ground and caught the attention of a few cops. The one that was questioning the store owner approached him.

"There's morning you can do here Spider-Man." This cop's name was Ren Jenkins. Ren had been on the force almost as long as the chief and while everyone else on his squad adored the hero he absolutely hated him.

"These are my people too. Besides, I can do a little bit more than you can?"

"Oh yeah? How so?"

"Can you swing around on webs? Electrocute people? Go invisible?"

Ren just crossed his arms over his chest in annoyance.

"Thought so. She described the suspect, have you seen him before?"

"Not that I'm aware of. He's been doing this for weeks now and we don't know the reason behind it. Every time we think we have him he gets away. We've been chasing him for twenty minutes then suddenly he just disappeared."

Miles started to respond but his spider-sense went off and he grabbed Ren so he could get down just as a sewer cap flew over his head and hit the brick wall behind him. Cops were pointing their weapons at something that was walking towards them.

"Spider-Man!"

The owner was right. He was tall, looked exactly like Miles but he didn't have a suit, claws, and his mask seemed part of his face instead of just fabric. Miles made the cops back up and told them not to fire unless they had to. Whoever this was obviously wanted to deal with him not them.