eleven • vengeance

Three days after Olivia's attack
New York City
Late

After a few days of searching for the person responsible for attacking Olivia, Miles finally had a lead. He hadn't stopped looking for him since it happened. Stayed up all night looking through Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and then New York City searching for the man responsible. As of yesterday he still had nothing on him.

Tonight was different.

He was in New York City now. It was really late and the sky was barren from any clouds. The amount of stars that coveted the sky amazed Miles for a few seconds. Cindy had been helping him look since he couldn't search everywhere by himself even though he thought otherwise. It was impossible to be everywhere at once, even if you're Spider-Man.

They were on top of a random shoe store in Times Square. The lights were making the streets look colorful as the cabs and other vehicles drove down them. Some people walked along the sidewalk but not many.

"Where is he?" Cindy asked.

"He's in that coffee shop at the end of the block. We've followed him all the way from Queens and we've finally got him in one spot."

They really did follow him from Queens. Miles found him at a party in Queens which he immediately called Cindy right afterwards. There was nothing he could do at that moment since it wasn't safe to grab him due to the amount of people that was there. The man took a cab and drove the thirty minute drive to New York City. Miles and Cindy were right behind him.

"How'd you even know where to look?"

"Haven't been to Queens in awhile. My gut told me to go there so I did. Group of high schoolers walked past me while I was in an alleyway trying to decide what to do and were talking about some party. Figured I'd give it a shot."

Cindy seemed shocked. "Right place right time. Looks like you have a pretty good gut instinct."

"Comes with the job." Miles was on his feet now. "You'll have it too. It's just something that develops."

"How long will it take?"

"Not long. You're already pretty much gotten the swinging part down, good job by the way."

Cindy smiled. She had been working on her swinging during the nighttime. She was way better than before and had made lots of improvement. It was nice knowing he saw the improvement too. Cindy had been working hard which showed itself tonight.

"I feel more ready than I did before. When do you think I should officially start?"

"When your heart tells you to."

"I appreciate the meaningfulness but that's not really an answer."

Miles laughed. "It is. You might be ready but if your heart isn't you're not completely ready. Every part of you has to be ready to go before you start anything. You can't go saving people if you won't be able to save yourself. Save the city, save yourself. That's the job Cindy, that's it."

A couple of minutes later the man left the coffee shop. Miles and Cindy silently followed behind him. They didn't know where he was going but they were going to stop him before he got there. Miles made Cindy stay a few feet back so he could handle it, he needed someone to watch his back. If things got out of hand Cindy would be there to help. The man started to turn down an alleyway beside a book store and that's when Miles took action.

He dropped down onto the ground, making his presence as loud as possible. The man turned around startled. When he saw that it was Spider-Man he went from being startled to angry.