ten • olivia

"Is she okay?"

"Maybe not right now but she will be."

"What happened?"

"I don't know."

Olivia was laying unconscious in a hospital bed with her friends and parents gathered around her. It was nearly two in the morning now. The only sounds were people whispering and machines beeping. About an hour ago Olivia was attacked on the street while going back to the auditorium to retrieve her wallet. Gwen followed her but Olivia was too far ahead of her and couldn't get to her in time when someone jumped out from an alleyway next to a restaurant.

She could still hear Olivia's scream. Gwen couldn't see who it was due to the mask covering his face. She kicked him between the legs, making him stumble, then running away. Olivia was laying on the sidewalk with a concussion from being hit with something and also a stab wound. The wound wasn't that deep, barely penetrating the skin, but it was still enough that it needed stitches.

"Who would do something like this?" Olivia's mother asked. Her face was stained with tears.

"We've got some bad people out there. Ones that want to hurt others." Miles said.

"Do we know who it was?"

"His face was covered. He looked about mid twenties and over six foot. That's not helpful information but it was the best I could make out."

"It's good enough Gwen." Miles put a hand on her shoulder. "It's still helpful."

Miles was wondering who was responsible since Isaac woke him up. It obviously wasn't Carnage due to the description that Gwen gave but he still had to consider if there was a connection. When Olivia woke up they'd have to ask her what she remembered and if she could identify him. Once Miles got the information he needed he would set out and find the person responsible.

It was around four in the morning when Olivia began to stir. Her mother noticed it first and immediately went to her daughter's side.

"Liv?"

"Mama?"

Hearing her speak made everyone get up. Her eyes were open and her mom helped her sit up. She looked groggy and in pain, it showed on her face. She was handed a cup of water which she downed in seconds.

"How are you feeling?"

Olivia gave a weak chuckle. "Not very good."

"You were attacked baby." Her mother's voice cracked slightly. "Do you remember anything?"

Olivia squeezed her eyes shut. Miles got closer to her and grabbed her hand carefully. She felt his touch, relaxing slightly.

"Yeah I do. H-He came out of nowhere. He lunged out for me and tried to stab me. When I screamed it scared him and I guess hearing Gwen or whoever it was show up scared him off. His face was covered but there was something on his shirt.."

Tears forming in her eyes caused her to stop. Her mother rubbed her back to try and calm her down. She stared at Miles. The amount of pain in her eyes broke his heart.

"T-There was this symbol on his shirt. I couldn't really make it out. I-It looked like a spider.."

Miles stood up straight. A spider?

"A spider as in Spider-Man's spider logo?" He asked her.

"Yes."

It could've been just a weird coincidence that whoever it was was wearing a Spider-Man shirt. Maybe it was just a random shirt he had on. He knew that wasn't the case though.