four • a hero

Downtown Brooklyn
After school

Olivia, Gwen, and their friend Camila were out after school to get stuff for homecoming that was now a week and a half away. They already had their dresses but they needed stuff to participate in the dress up days. They'd come back in a day or two to get the rest of what they needed so they wouldn't be out so late trying to find everything they needed. Today they were just getting stuff for the first two days of the week of homecoming.

"What did you need again?"

"An entire outfit."

Olivia laughed. "You're never prepared are you?"

Gwen nudged her. "Leave me alone. I never do homecoming so I don't really have anything. Besides we rarely get to wear normal clothes."

"Same here actually." Camila said. "I need so much if I want to go all out for this."

"Are the boys doing anything?"

"I think Miles and Ganke are. Don't know about Isaac."

"Why aren't they with us?" Camila asked.

"They're boys. They like to do things last minute." Gwen said.

"That's true. Can I ask you something Liv?"

Olivia looked over at Camila. "Yeah. What's up?"

"What do you think Miles is doing when he leaves at random points in the day?"

Olivia bit her lip. She didn't know why Camila suddenly decided to ask her that and honestly she didn't really have an answer. "Why do you ask?"

She shrugged, putting her phone in her back pocket. "It's just.. it happens all the time and you're his roommate after all. Aren't you two kinda close?"

"Yeah we are. He's an amazing roommate and we're beginning to become really good friends."

"Do you think he's seeing someone? And he runs off to be with them?"

Gwen scoffed. "Miles? Seeing someone? He's too shy for that he can barely maintain eye contact sometimes."

"She's right. He's so shy whenever we're in our room."

"See? I don't think it's that. Honestly it's none of our business until he tells us. I'd say just leave it alone for now." Gwen said, brushing Camila's question off.

The three girls continued shopping and after they got a few things they stopped at a nearby cafe to get something to drink. It was late afternoon now so they didn't have a lot of time left before they had to go back to Visions. As they were walking out, they noticed someone on top of the building in front of them. Not a lot of people noticed but a few stopped to see where the yelling was coming from. Soon cars began to stop to see what was happening. Camila noticed it first and gasped which got the attention of Olivia and Gwen.

"Guys! Look!"

They looked to where Camila was pointing and saw Spider-Man fighting someone on the apartment building rooftop across the street. He was flying all over the place trying to tangle his opponent up in his webs but whoever he was fighting was much taller and bigger than him. He seemed to have it under control and kept going invisible every few seconds. Whenever he did that Olivia wondered what it felt like.

"Who is he fighting? Why does he look like that?"

"I've never seen him before." Olivia was gawking. "Why is Spider-Man fighting him?"

Other people on the street noticed it too and started gathering around to see what was going on. "We should go." Gwen said as she pulled on Olivia's sleeve. "Before it gets bad."