nine • homecoming

8 hours until the dance
12:14 p.m.

All everyone could talk about was the dance that night. Everyone had their dresses or formal outfits picked out and a date to accompany them if they had one. The DJ they had was also really good and well known so the music wouldn't be a problem. This was one of the few nights where some students weren't going to be in their rooms stressing over homework or doing any school related. The ones that didn't go probably were though. Almost the majority of the school would be attending so it was going to be pretty packed in the auditorium where it was held.

Ganke was currently in his room with Miles and his roommate. They would be meeting up with Isaac, Camila, Gwen, and Olivia later on. All of them had plans to go out to eat afterwards if they weren't too tired and if they were they'd just do it the next day. Ganke and Miles were playing a new video game Ganke just got which was something they did every now and then.

"Dude you're so bad today!" Ganke laughed.

Miles kicked his friend's leg. "It's new! I still don't know how it works!"

"It's been out for like a month."

"You've been playing it longer than me! This is my first time!"

Ganke scoffed. "Excuses excuses."

Miles rolled his eyes at his friend while Ganke's roommate laughed from his bunk. Miles and Ganke were always picking at each other no matter what the conversation was. People that listened in on their conversation would just shake their heads at the two boys trying to insult the other one but failing. It showed how close they were.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Ganke asked after a couple of minutes of silence.

"We meet up at the auditorium about ten minutes before it starts to take pictures then possibly eat afterwards. That's what I understand anyways."

He nodded. "Sounds good to me. Where should we eat at?"

"Probably at Beth's Diner again because Olivia mentioned it and Gwen was down for it."

"Wait, Beth's?"

Miles knew what was coming. "Yeah."

"Yes! I can get some red velvet cake!"

"Is that all you think about?"

When Ganke didn't answer Miles started laughing. They finished playing the game and was busy talking. About two hours had passed which Miles didn't even realize till he looked at his phone. A news update popped up on his screen which would he clicked on immediately. He had notifications for the news app on his phone turned on in case there was one and he needed to report to the scene.

He panicked. Something was happening in the middle of town, it was Carnage. He had apparently caused a wreck to happen and injured some policemen. He was making a scene on purpose.

Cindy texted him. Miles knew she would.

C: Are you going?

M: I have to.

C: Do I need to come and help?

M: As of right now I think I can handle it. If that changes I'll let you know.

C: Be careful. Don't let him win.

He stood up and told Ganke he had to go. Said he forgot he needed to go see his parents before the dance. Ganke looked confused but let him go anyways. Miles said goodbye and frantically went back to his room.

He was about to change into his suit when Olivia walked in. Thankfully he was still in his clothes.

"What are you doing?"