twelve • gone

One week later
After school
Visions Academy

Miles was pacing back and forth in his room. This is something he's been doing for about a week now. Ever since he found the man that attacked Olivia and discovered that Carnage was working on an explosive beneath New York City he's been nervous. He's also been planning something behind everyone's back. It was a plan that wasn't the smartest one he's ever had but he didn't really have much choice. He couldn't just sit around and wait for something bad to happen. It was too risky.

Finally, after more than five minutes of pacing, he started packing a bag. He would be with Cindy in Manhattan until he found out exactly what to do with Carnage. It was currently Monday and by Wednesday he'd have his final plan put together. Thursday would be the day. If all went according to plan by Friday, Carnage would no longer be a problem.

Miles knew it wouldn't go that smoothly.

He put in different sets of clothes, his tooth brush and deodorant, phone charger, etc. Olivia was currently in Camila's room helping her get ready for a date. He didn't know with who but he'd hear about it later for sure. Since she wasn't here it was easier to sneak out without having to explain himself as to why he was leaving. Olivia had almost fully recovered from the attack but Miles was still watching over her. When he told her that he caught the man who did it she almost cried.

"You caught him? You actually caught him?"

"I did. I had to, I couldn't let him get away with it."

He pulled her into their dorm to talk to her privately since they were out with friends the day after the man was caught. You could visibly see the relief wash over her face the minute he told her.

"I've been so scared." Olivia admitted. "I've been expecting him to show back up."

"You know I wouldn't let anything happen to if while I'm around, right?"

She tried to hide her shaky hands in her jacket pockets but he saw them anyway. "I-I know but Miles.. you weren't there when it happened."

That seemed to linger with Miles for awhile. He was already beating himself up over letting her go along in the first place. Even though she didn't mean for it to come across that way it still hurt him.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't-"

"No no, that's not what I meant." She interrupted. "I just meant that you didn't see what happened. Didn't feel the pain. That's why I've been so scared, I was afraid those feelings would come back."

Now Miles was sitting as his desk staring at the empty space where his laptop would've been. The window was open, ready for him to slip out like he always did. If he went out the door there's a chance one of his friends would see him. He couldn't leave without saying anything to at least one person so he decided to leave a note for Olivia.

" Liv,

Some things have been going on. Things that I got to go out and take care of. I'm having to do it to keep the entire city from falling apart, I'm the only one they've got.

It's Carnage, Liv. He's doing something that I can't let him do. I have to put a stop to it. It's dangerous, really dangerous, but I have no choice. I'm not even sure if I'll make it out of this one.

I'm going to be gone for a few days, maybe a week at the most. I have to find what he's doing and get rid of it before it harms anyone. By Friday you should know something..

Don't tell this to anyone even though I know you won't. If they ask where I'm at, just say I'm with my parents because I'm sick or something. I don't care what the excuse is just make sure they don't know the truth.