Chapter 3: The Talk

*

*

*

*

CHAPTER 3: THE TALK

The Carson Family were far too exhilarated to head home after such an eventful day at Paisley Park. They stopped at the finest restaurant they could afford and that was ''Olive Garden''. They strolled inside of the restaurant and out of fortunate events were seated to the tables in a prompt fashion. The restaurant had a large crowd of people waiting patiently during the lunch rush. The Carson Family waited patiently for their waiter to approach their table. As they waited Richard's mind would cease to settle. He just had to talk about the trip to Paisley Park. ''Now Marie, I know that Prince may seem very appealing but I just want you to be careful.'' Richard said. Marie's eyes gazed down upon her Mary - Jane heels that were slightly scratched from the vigorous playtime Prince and Marie had. She didn't want to look as if she had a secret to hide, so she looked up at Richard and gave him one of her winning smiles. ''I am careful, daddy. What kind of daughter do you feel you have raised?'' Marie asked, rhetorically. ''Marie, I am positive your father doesn't mean you any harm by telling you this. It's always good to be careful. Especially around boys. God only knows how many pickles Richard and I have gotten into.'' Elizabeth said. ''Your mother is right.'' Richard added. ''Oh yes, my dear. We are only trying to prevent you from making the same mistakes and your father and I have made.'' Elizabeth said. The waitress approached their table and reached for her notepad. She introduced herself to the family and took their orders. She jotted the order down her notepad and left the table. Leaving more time for Richard and Elizabeth to antagonize her even more. Richard glared at Marie with somber eyes. He knew there was a chance she could have been dishonest. Although Marie is never dishonest, Richard and Elizabeth never let that cloud their bitter judgment. ''Be honest, Marie. Do you think Prince is attractive?'' Elizabeth asked, bluntly. ''Kind of, Why do you ask?'' Marie asked. She was starting to become very nervous. She just knew they overheard their encounter. ''Oh, no reason.'' Elizabeth said. Elizabeth knew Marie had an encounter with Prince. She couldn't prove this; but her motherly instincts were blaring like a siren. ''I am a proud mother of her child and I just know that I have raised properly and wholeheartedly. I have given my all to your growth and I support any decision you make.'' Elizabeth said. ''Even if the decision is incorrect.'' Richard added once more. 

Marie held her head down and let out a fictional cough. She gazed back into her parent's eyes and lied right through her teeth. ''Mom? , Dad? Can we just drop this? You act as if I have done something highly sinful.'' Marie said. Richard and Elizabeth would have lectured on but the waitress had come back with their orders. Marie picked up her ''Pepsi Cola'' and commenced to taking big gulps of the drink. Marie hoped the fluid would enter her brain and cause amnesia. She didn't want to remember the horrible thing she had done at Paisley Park. Elizabeth noticed that Marie's mind had wandered off in some dream land. She wanted to know what was keeping her from reality. ''Is everything okay?'' Elizabeth asked.  ''Nothing'' Marie replied. Marie tried to stay in the realm of reality but her steamy encounter with Prince filled her thoughts. It's all she thought about the entire day. The images of the encounter moved so vividly through her brain, she could almost taste the flavor of Prince's lips on her tongue. She knew what she had done. She new that that Prince was way too old for her and all of the morals her parents instilled in her were forgotten. They were forgotten right when Prince wrapped his muscular arms  Marie's body. The longer she reflected upon it, the stronger the lavender scent became in her noticed. She had not realized that her sweater smelled of Prince and his body. That must have been the giveaway, Marie thought. Marie didn't have much time to reflect on the errors that she had created. Reality was calling for her. ''Marie?'' Richard called out. Marie replied as she drifted back into reality. ''Is the Pepsi Cola that good in this place?'' Richard asked. Marie nodded and chuckled at Richard's flat joke. She knew that laughing would cushion the blow. ''I might have to get me some of it.'' Richard said, chuckling to himself. He nudged Elizabeth for a similar response;  but Elizabeth wasn't having it.