Chapter 6: Listen To Your Heart

*

*

*

*

CHAPTER 6: LISTEN TO YOUR HEART

Prince stayed up all night conjuring the masterpiece that contained Marie's angelic vocals. Once he accomplished his plan, He shunned his assistants and band members from the studio. He wanted to celebrate his current project alone. He commenced to playing the tune one last time to be certain that his perfectionist ears were pleased, and indeed they were.  After he finished listening to his recording, he sat in his studio uncontrollably grinning. He couldn't wait to give Marie this wonderful gift. She had been very despondent lately and the track that occupied his hands was just the thing to get her spirits lifted. He darted down the stairs and bolted into the bedroom. Inside, Marie had fallen into slumber which was a even better time to surprise her with a gift. Prince kicked off his heels and slid into bed, embracing his humid body around his lover, Marie. He caressed her blonde hair and gazed at her beauteous features. ''How did I get so lucky?'' He thought. 

Marie's eyes opened once she felt the embrace become closer. She smiled, faintly when her eyes linked to Prince's light brown eyes. ''Good morning, sunshine.'' Prince muttered. Egypt greeted Prince with a grin once she noticed his energy was high. ''I think you'll love this.'' Prince stated. He slid the tape over to Marie who laid perplexed at the 'thing'. ''What is this?'' She murmured. She examined the 'thing' and began to notice that there were songs on it. ''Did you make this for me?'' Marie questioned. Prince nodded in reply to Marie's query. He couldn't wait to play it for her.  Marie nodded in response to Prince's notion and upstairs they sprinted to the studio. Marie sat down upon a padded bench whilst Prince played the recording. As the tune filled the room Marie overheard her voice in the background. She blushed as she thought she was the most retched singer living. Prince sat next to Marie and gazed at her. She seemed to be becoming emotional over the song. ''Do you like it?'' Prince asked, eagerly. She embraced Prince's body in response. Prince smiled at Marie's reaction to the song. All he wanted was to see Marie happy again. ''I can't believe you made this for me!'' Marie exclaimed. 

As the tape dimmed, Marie's misty eyes streamed into weeps. ''I never thought that you loved me like this.'' Marie confessed. Prince caressed Marie's flushed cheeks. She was such an insecure girl. Prince often pondered where she got her thinking from; but after that hospital visit he wasn't too concerned as to where anymore. Prince didn't respond to her comment. He placed a kiss upon her lips and that kiss spoke much more than a few measly words ever could. The moment that was shared between the pair in the studio was enough confirmation for Prince. He finally realized what he had to do to make their union official. Prince wasn't a very loyal man in his past. He exchanged women after a few weeks; but Marie was different. There was a fire that she created in Prince. A fire that no other woman could light. As he gazed into the viridescent eyes of Marie he found his future there. All he could think about in that moment was how much he wanted to marry Marie. He recently saw a ring at the store that was filled with jewels. He smirked at the daydream that contained Marie's expression to such a thing. A sudden trumpet of noise filled his studio. It was his studio phone jiggling about that awoken him from his daydream. Before he could gather himself to answer, Marie had already tackled the task.  On the opposed line it was Marie's mother, Elizabeth. She didn't seem too happy about the disappearance of Marie. She hadn't seen her own daughter in ages, so she invited her to a dinner that accommodated family only. ''Can Prince come to the dinner as well?'' Marie asked. Elizabeth sighed, she didn't want him to step foot in her household; however for her little Marie she digested. ''Yes.'' After a few more minutes of conversing, Marie and Elizabeth finally parted ways amongst the phone.