Chapter One

I looked up at the cloudy sky, the aura already seemed different. As if more evil crawled up in this world. Drops of water fell one after another, soon I was drenched. I didn't know where to head to after collapsing on what seemed to be a dark strange alley. I had nothing on me, just the ring of keys that had been bestowed upon me. I owed that mermaid my life, she asked of me to become the strongest alive, and I would stop at nothing. I would live for mother and become the strongest for Aquarius. As their will, I would accomplish anything.

"You there!!"

I turned to meet the eyes of a ground of unruly men. A crazed look in their eyes as they cornered me. I bore no weapons, but I couldn't die. Not here, not until Aquarius allowed me to do so.

A blinding light separated the men and I. I could heard pained grunts and cries, soon the light died out. A single man stood between the fallen men. He spit and fixed his suit. "To ever lay a hand on my master, is something I would never forgive."

"Mas...ter?"I say slowly. Was he referring to me? Is he Leo The Lion? Then he is Aquarius's friend. "I'm no master.."I tell him. He looks up, surprised. "As Aquarius's friend, you are my friend as well."

"You're too kind,"He looks down. "I don't deserve to be called friend. I am merely but a shield for you."

"Shield?"He was a funny man. "I am in no need of a shield, Leo. What I need, are friends, allies, if it is your wish to protect me, I will not oppose of it. But I will never deem you a shield."

He turns bright red, was he having a fever?

"You're turning red..are you alright?"I ask.

"How are you nine years old!? Why do I feel comforted by a child!?"He cries out.

I stare at the odd man, had I offended him? "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable—."

"No! You're perfect!"He clings to my body. He hugs me so tightly I could almost hear my bones shattering. This was the first time I was hugged by someone who wasn't my maid, he was just a mere stranger I had just met. I let loose, letting myself feel this strange feeling of love from someone that knew nothing of me. Perfect? He says. What a strange use of words from someone so strong. "I promise to protect you with my life, no matter what or who you're up against. I will follow you to the ends of earth."He places his hand on his chest and bows.

I felt happiness surge through me as the man spoke those words of loyalty. That too, was the first time I had been told such a thing. "And I promise you won't have to risk your life for me. I don't plan on dying."

"That is a great thing to hear, such a will to live you have!"He stands and grins. "For a nine year old, those are big smart words you use!"

"Yes, I do not intend to break my promise to lady Aquarius."

"Lady Aquarius?"Leo mumbles. "Can you call me Loke-sama!?"He gushes.

"Isn't your name Leo?"I ask.

"I don't care, I want to hear from your pretty little mouth! Say, Loke-sama! Please~"He claps his hands together a bit to eager.

"Lo-ke...-sama,"I let out slowly, he was a weird man.

"That's so cute!"He mutters. But then he turns serious, as if having just processed something. "What promise did you make to Aquarius?"