Chapter Two

For the past few weeks, I had stayed in the park every morning until nightfall. I'd see Kacchan everyday, without fail, he brought me something to eat. He'd taught me all about this new place, without really knowing I wasn't from here. I was grateful to have befriended him, even when he denied it. When the sun went down, Loke and I would spar. I was being taught by my fellow spirits, I was learning efficiently. I didn't know when to stop, and I wouldn't, until I achieved what I wanted. And I didn't wish to rely upon others.

"Where did you get that bruise?"Kacchan asks and moves my blonde hair from my face. "Has someone been hurting you?"

"No."I shake my head. "I was training."

"Training?"His eyebrows shoot up. He laughs loudly, wholeheartedly. Had I told a joke? I didn't think so, yet it was my first time watching him laugh with so much happiness.

"Yes, to protect my friends,"I confirm.

"To protect your friends? Your friends must be pretty weak if they need to be protected by you."He says.

"No. They are the strongest I have ever met. And you're not weak."I let out. I had not mentioned a thing to him about my magic, which would be considered a quirk here. I didn't wish to burden him with the knowledge of a world I would never return to.

His eyes widen, "I don't need you to protect me!"

"Being protected doesn't mean you're weak. A friend of mine told me that."I say. "It just means you are precious to that person."

"Precious?"His face turns red. "I just remembered! Mother said I couldn't be late!"He runs off, leaving a cloud of dust behind him. He was such a fast runner.

Mother? I hadn't seen that woman since the first time I met Kacchan a few weeks ago. It seemed she didn't come by with him anymore. As I was consumed in my thoughts, I felt intense pain, something hard had crashed onto my face. I held my nose as the ball dropped to the floor. A boy running hastily to me.

"A-Are you OK!?"He asks, his big eyes filled with concern, "I am so sorry!"He mutters. "It wasn't on purpose! I promise!"

He reaches into his pocket and hands me a small cloth, "Your nose is bleeding!"

I grab the cloth and wipe at the warm crimson liquid. "It's alr—."

"IZUKU!"

The boy is kicked aside harshly by Kacchan, he towers over him, his face dark and his eyes glaring at the boy.

"I-I swear I d-didn't mean to hurt he-her!"The boy covers his body. Kacchan aims to kick him, but the boy had already promised he didn't mean to hurt me. He looked sincere, there was no need for this.

I stand in front of the boy, ready to block Kacchan's kick. "Do not hurt him! He already apologized!"

"Get out of the way!"He roars angrily. "I will kill him!"

"No."I shake my head. "It's alright, I am OK."

Kacchan bends down and grabs the cloth from my hand. He turns to look at a frightened Izuku, as he had called him earlier. "Get out of here, before I decide to truly kill you."He pressed the cloth against my nose.