Chapter Three

"Disappear! Die! Just die already!"

I say up, sweat drenching my forehead. My clothes sticking to my body. My keys glowed, in concern. I placed my hand over my frenzied heart and the other on the keys, soothing them. I was alright, it had just been a nightmare.

I looked outside the window, wondering just what had my nightmare been about. I felt like someone I loved was in danger. I gripped the sheet of my bed in my fist. I would stand by my promise and protect everyone. This just made me more apprehensive about approaching Kacchan. I had managed to take a short course, just yesterday I had finished my written entrance exam. I would be entering as a lone individual, representing only myself. I had no middle school, no allies there, but I didn't need them.

My written exam was a bit late than everyone else's, but it didn't really matter. What mattered were the practical exams. The one I would no loose. No matter the cause, I'd make up for the lost time I had created between my dear friend and I. If only I hadn't been so selfish. If only I had thought of him as well.

____

"Faster! Faster!"I exclaimed as I swung my fists wildly. I had to beat Capricorn. If I could do that, then I would be ready. He stopped each and every of my attacks, but with each attack I let more power and anger into my attacks. Until he couldn't stop them, until he had to dodge them. Until he tired out, and until I finally landed the victory punch.

I panted, I extended my hand to Capricorn. He grinned, for the first time breaking his stoic mask. It took me by complete surprise I staggered. "I am proud of you, Lucy-sama."He bows.

"Love has no boundaries, Capricorn,"Loke mutters. "She seems more determined now more than ever. I just wished shed fight for me like that. I watched her study her ass off for the written exams! My airhead Lucy!"

"I think that's enough of your insults, Loke,"My mouth twitches. As of lately, he had been persistent to stay by my side. Claiming that by keeping his gate open, I would increase my stamina.

"Hai, hai,"He deadpans. "I just don't understand why do you go to such lengths to protect him."He sighs.

I didn't know either. "He's my friend. I would go to such lengths for any of you."

He smiles, "I see. That makes me feel more relieved then."

______

I went deeper into the hot water, relaxing my muscles. I never felt like I had left, because I knew I had not, I had been watching over him. I had been watching over my father. I often asked my spirits to ask others to see how he was. It seemed he had an illness. The maids were taking care of them.

Spetto, she had passed away. I felt my heart break when Aries told me that. I felt as if a part of me had suddenly left. And now I knew, that if I didn't pursue my friend, I would loose another part of me as well. Until I became nothing.

"That's a lot of dozing off, even for you."

I look at the end of the tub, a tail curling over my legs. I am suddenly pulled with great force. I face Aquarius's deadly face.

"When were you planning to call me?"She gritted out. "It's been a month since you last called me."

"Well a month here means nothing in the Spirit Realm."I let out as her glare pierces me.

"You're such a child."She lets me go. "I came to test this magnificent power you have acquired, as Loke and the others say. Show me."

"As you wish, Lady Aquarius."I close my eyes and let me concentrate.