Chapter Four

Kacchan gritted his teeth as he pulled the large weight, music pounding in his ears. The entrance exams had gone by, there was a rumor of someone being so stealth and strong, having defeated a gimmick in the entrance exam with Kacchan. That person still remained unknown, but they had been the top of the entrance exam. That set his blood boiling, he was never supposed to be number two. Never. He was to be the top, greater than anyone. 

So he pushed himself even more, straining himself to his limit. He would defeat that person no matter what it took. They were just another pebble in his way.

"Kacchan!"His mother shouted angrily.

He didn't even notice, the music blaring into his eardrums. Taking him to his past memories, the ones he cherished the most.

"Ne, you are such a pig when you eat..."Kacchan muttered as he watched Lucy devour the cotton candy he had got for her. The sugar sticking onto her plump cheeks.

"It's delicious.."She licked her lips, stuffing her face with the puffy cotton of sugar. "What is it called?"

"Cotton Candy..."He muttered yet again. He never got tired of watching her annoying little self, it was as if she knew nothing. She was oblivious to the world, and she was such a blunt person it made her all the more tolerable. She didn't lie to him when they spoke, her eyes looked so sincere.

"Cotton Candy..?"Her eyes brightened. "I never heard of it before.."

"Where have you been living then?"He rolls his eyes. "This thing is almost in every corner  of the streets."

"Really?"Lucy smiled.

"Yes, really..."He smiles back and looks away. Since when had he become so attached to this weird girl. He never even like being around them. They were weak and a liability in his opinion.

She suddenly looks down, a small sad smile on her small chubby face. "Ne..?"

"Hmm,"He crumbles and looks at her.

She takes his hand in her smaller one. "You're the only friend I have in this world."

Kacchan snorts But doesn't pull his hand away. "In the whole world? Didn't you say you had other friends just the other day..?"

"Yes. But they are from another world..."She says.

"So...you're crazy?"Kacchan chortles. "Your imaginary friends?"

"They're real..."She pouts. "And I'm not crazy."

"I know you aren't, you're just weird..."Kacchan mumbles and tightens his grip on her hand. "But I can handle being around you."

"What's that supposed to mean!?"Lucy grumbles.

Kacchan drops the weight furiously onto the carpeted floor and tosses his headphones onto the bed. That had been nearly six years ago. Why did he still bother remembering her!?

"Kacchan!"His mother screams angrily.

Kacchan grinds his teeth and cleans his sweat. "What!?"He shouts back.

"Come down this instant!!"

One Week Later

"Lucy dear~"Loke crashes into her room. An envelope in hand. "Mail has arrived~"

Lucy snatches the envelope from him, she pushes him out, much to his dismay. She rips the envelope open, a rather large projection of AllMight covering her view.