Chapter 39

King

"Yall got 5 seconds to start speaking." I warned.

"You will get your Mom back..." Moana said "you jus' gotta do one thing..." She added before a smirk appeared on her face.

A confused look took over my face ...

Kiyah

"Its okay my baby." I said as I held my crying child on my lap. I was stressed and worried. All I could think about was King.

Whats happened?

Where is he?

Iv rang him over 100 times ... no answer.

I also rang Maurice but still I got no answer.

I checked my phone  to see that it was coming up to 11:00 pm. I looked down at Alaiya to see that she has drifted back into her sleep. I kissed her soft cheek before wrapping her up in my bed ... as we waited for her Dad to return home.

"Hello?" I whispered through the phone.

"Hey sweetie , is everything ok?" My Mom asked.

"Mama hes not home... he left nearly 5 hours ago."

"Just go sleep ... when you wake up he will be there ... honestly the more you over thi-"

"Your right , your right , I hate when h-" I paused once I heard the knocks on the door. "Mama someone at the door."

"At 11:05 Pm?" She asked.

"Hold on hold on." I said as I hung up the call and laid my phone on the bed and headed downstairs.

I noticed Ace standing right at the door... eager to know who it is.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Its me." A familiar voice responded.

This cant be true...

I swung the door open to be faced wit Kings mom ... "Monica? Is King with you?" I asked her.

She just stood at the door.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yes , why wouldnt it be?" She responded. She was currently acting very oblivious right now...

I closed the door behind her as she walked in the house. "You know where King is right?"

"Wheres my son?" She asked as she stepped towards me.

"Monica he thought someone had you ... he gone to get you back right now ... but you right here. He found a phone ... a ermm-"

"A tall dark-skin man payed me 2,000 dollars to give him my outift I wore yesterday an-"

I looked at her confused and quickly interrupted her. "And you gave him it?"

"I just thought it was a little crush ... its not the first time a man h- "

"This isnt a joke..."

She looked completely out of it. Her skin was pale , she became thin ... her nails was yellow ...

Drugs.

I looked at her before grabbing the house phone and dialling in Kings number again ...

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

Still no answer.

I ran my hands down my face. "Hes been set up."

"This is all my fault." She said as she forced the tears ... "They wanted something off mine to convince King they had me." she said as she sat down on a chair and cried ...

"wheres my phone?" I asked myself. "One second." I said as I ran upstairs to get my phone.

Once I returned , Ace began to bark at something behind Monica.

"Ace , shhh." I told him.

I dialled in Maurice number and put the phone to my ear as it rang.

"Yo." He said once the call went through.

"Wheres King?" I asked.

"Still in there."

"Hes been set up ... Monica is rig- oh my god." I said out of shock ... once I see a gun being pointed right at me.

I closed my eyes and let the tears fall ...

Knowing My child is just upstairs.

Yet her grandma is holding a gun right at me.

"Maurice ... get King." I told him before ending the call.

"He told me to kill you... the one King loves the most." She said shaking.

You can tell she was so high ... off drugs.

Not weed or that shit ... we talking bout that cocaine , heroine shit.

"Who told you to kill me?" I asked.

"Tommy , but what does that matter. He does everything for me ... he loves me."

"Who?"

"TOMMY." She spat.

"So your going against your son?" I asked.

"He dont give me what I need ... Tommy does."

"He dont love you Mon." I said as another tear fell down my face.

"What would you know?" She yelled.

"Your better then this."

"Oh you would know? Miss I have it all , King dont love you..." she laughed. "My son deserves GOLD , not copper."

I looked down to the ground and shook my head.

"Truth hurts right?" She laughed. "Yo-"

I was took off guard by Kiyone throwing himself through the door. "Ay what the fuck!" He yelled. "What you doing Monica." He asked as he slowly walked towards her.

"Tommy told me too." She said not taking her eyes off me.

"your sons biggest enemy?" Kiy asked.

"Tommy gives her drugs." I blurted out.

"Shut up!" She yelled.

I looked towards the stairs at the sounds of Alaiya's cries.

"Dont move." She said.

"Thats your damn Grandchild." I said out of anger.

Kiy aggressively knocked the gun out her hand and grabbed her body rapidly.

"Nooo , nooo , nooo" she yelled out.

I cried at the site off my mother in law because this wasnt her... this was drugs.

Kiy held her too the ground to try and tame her. Before picking her up and walking towards the door.

"Lock the door behind me." He said as he walked out.

I ran towards the door , doing exactly what he said before rushing to Alaiya. I picked her up and headed downstairs to Ace. I sat us on the sofa before calling up my mom.

"Mom?" I cried...

King

"Didnt you say they will be here 20 minutes ago?" I asked checking my watch.

"Your so impatient..." Moana cockily giggled as she buttoned back up her shirt...

Hmmm ... what do you think they got up to... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Find out in the new chapter.

THANKS FOR READING❤️

LIKE , VOTE AND COMMENT.